Greg Minnaar's answer to the 29er/26 debate

N0madADV

with a topic heading off "Greg Minnaar's answer to the 29er/26 debate"....clealry the implications are there that its about the bike?

Greg's point was learn to ride a bike and it will not matter what bike you ride as its 99% skill and 1% bike

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why doesn't Greg use his cyclocross bike at the Downhill Worldcup races? Yes, talent makes a big difference, but the bike also makes a difference.

Dumb reply

Once again ITS NOT ABOUT THE BIKE. If people spent the same time riding bikes as debating stupid things like wheel size they would see a massive improvement in riding (notice i am not saying anything about 29 or 26 being better)

Mmmmm, yet you and him found it a topic worth discussing to the point where you created a thread giving us his input to the 26/29'er debate...thought it's not about the bike?

I wonder if Greg will swop me his Tallboy for a Makro special?

As the man said, IT IS NOT ABOUT THE BIKE, but all about proving the length of the willy, like sheep, baaaaaaa...... Baaaaaaaaa...... What next where we can spend munny on!!!!!!!!!

This included 4 meter gap jumps, berms, rockgardens, bridges and drop offs.

Yes, a 26er is going to be better than anything on those. Few will debate that.

Mmmmm, yet you and him found it a topic worth discussing to the point where you created a thread giving us his input to the 26/29'er debate...thought it's not about the bike?

I wonder if Greg will swop me his Tallboy for a Makro special?

Greg favorite bike at the moment is a Blur TRC

As the man said, IT IS NOT ABOUT THE BIKE, but all about proving the length of the willy, like sheep, baaaaaaa...... Baaaaaaaaa...... What next where we can spend munny on!!!!!!!!!

blink.gif

It is about the bike...... Would Greg start his final run of the world champs on a cyclocross bike?

As i said its 99% skill and 1% bike and world cup races are won by far less than 1% difference

Edited by macros77

Dude the video will come but take it from me Greg was about 10X higher in the air than Tomac who i have lots of respect for!

AWESOME ... gotta love hitting buck jumps with road bars - it feels so crap! Like wheelieing a road bike! It just feels wrong!

And i agree with you on the "not about the bike" thing you could give burry or greg a tricycle or a JD bug and they'd still show up most okes.

If you have the skill it will show no matter what bike you ride. I personally think okes get WAY too influenced by the sales pitch that BIKE A is better than BIKE B ... be it 29vs29 or 26vs26 or 26vs29 or hartail vs fullsus ... if a saleman is good enough he could probably sell some guys a BMX and they'd think its the bees knees for XC! ...

Learn to RIDE first! then you dont need to worry about the small changes between bikes! The type of bike can make you faster! but if your riding style sucks ... you are always gonna suck! no matter what the bike!

Ok i guess those that dont get the point will never get it but watching Greg ride his Cyclocross bike was a truly humbling experience and tough me a lesson about spending less time obsessing about my equipment and more time just learning to ride the bike i have