Greg Minnaar's answer to the 29er/26 debate

N0madADV

Gholf has had the same hectic growth in equipment ,more so than cycling.You cannot buy a good game ,but you can buy equipment that helps improve what you have .That makes you positive and enjoy it more,so you stay in the sport.Same thing happend to me when i got a decent bike that suited me.In this case 29er duelsus.My bike will be way too big and heavy for a 60kg person ,who is better of with a smaller and lighter bike.There is a place for both and probably something in between

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are taking the " It's not about the bike " jibe too literally.

The OP is saying that GM has TALENT. We know this already. He will look good on anything.

Of course the better the equipment, the faster he will go.

PS, they asked him at Berg and Bush what he preferred - 26'er was his answer. Similarly, Tomac who's name is mentioned in this thread was also asked a while ago what he preferred, and it was also a 26'er.

Tomac may say he prefers 26'ers, but his first major win was at the US bmx nationals... cruiser class and he has more 29'ers in the 2012 Tomac range than any other kind of mtb

Minnaar may say he prefers 26'ers, but has he ever won anything whilst riding one? Obviously DH doesn't count..

Eishh

Now the 29ers will go after Greg Minaar, bro you have opened a can of worms here, don't you know that the only thing bigger than a 29inch wheel is the owners sensitivity on the subject...

:clap:

useless debate...

This is a topic that even comes up in motorcross etc... At least the mx guys admit its more skill than bike.

Basically Greg proved a roadie with the right skills can kick a mtbikers ass....

Not at all son.

What he may have proved was that a roadbike, used with the right skills, may kick a MTB's ass.

What he DID prove was that a mtbiker, on anything, can kick a roadies ass.

Sorry 4 U. :D

You guys are nuts wahaha

I had a killer time with Bikeparksa out in Karkloof, to be honest I haven't really ridden out there and its maybe 20 min from my place. We rode a trail that is up there with the best in the World, I wish I had taken my TRC. I thought it would be fun to test out a cross bike since I had never been off road on one.... it was rough, but a load of fun

I hope its because of the crap weather that you guys are on forums rather then the trails, and not because 29ers aren't that much fun.... JK

Ciao

P.S Get on a TRC, they are life changing

I hope its because of the crap weather that you guys are on forums rather then the trails

Hey some of us lesser mortals get paid to sit at desks not on bikes - we might as well talk about them whilst we're not riding :P

Hey some of us lesser mortals get paid to sit at desks not on bikes - we might as well talk about them whilst we're not riding :P

We live precariously, hey! :lol: :lol: :lol:

with posts at 15:50, 18:00 and 5:44 it sounds like you are more like a slave than a person getting paid to sit behind a desk :P GAL

You guys are nuts wahaha

I had a killer time with Bikeparksa out in Karkloof, to be honest I haven't really ridden out there and its maybe 20 min from my place. We rode a trail that is up there with the best in the World, I wish I had taken my TRC. I thought it would be fun to test out a cross bike since I had never been off road on one.... it was rough, but a load of fun

I hope its because of the crap weather that you guys are on forums rather then the trails, and not because 29ers aren't that much fun.... JK

Ciao

P.S Get on a TRC, they are life changing

...and here I was planning on swapping my Syndicate t-shirt and vuvuzela for a sh*tty roadie cap and an espresso...smile.gif

...and here I was planning on swapping my Syndicate t-shirt and vuvuzela for a sh*tty roadie cap and an espresso...smile.gif

Hey, I happen to like those caps. :angry: