Garmin Edge 800 - Distance jump

Hendrik vd Walt

Hi - My Garmin Edge 800 has now on three occoasions jumped thousands of KM's while riding - Going from say 23km distance to 4798 and then continues to count!!

It did it twice in Ntal at Hula trails and the again this morning in Lynwood PTA

Anyone else ever experienced similar issues?

Hi - My Garmin Edge 800 has now on three occoasions jumped thousands of KM's while riding - Going from say 23km distance to 4798 and then continues to count!!

It did it twice in Ntal at Hula trails and the again this morning in Lynwood PTA

Anyone else ever experienced similar issues?

whatever you are sniffing, I also want some ;)

is it 32GI or something else :blink:

probably 32gi Accelerator, explains the sudden gain of distance?

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I've had this too on one occasion, landed up on Morocco for a split second :)

If I remember correctly, I took a large jump that day, can't confirm if knocks or sudden accel/deceleration could affect the readings.

Perhaps it plays havoc with the way it interprets the altitude/speed/distance?

I see it has been posted but as most will suggest if you Google the problem, they will say '1st make sure you have the latest updates for the unit'.

I had the same thing. Did it twice. Both times plotting a point in Antarctica!

What was the distance jump? My first one was just under 15000Km, the other just over 14000Km. Makes for an awesome average speed though :lol: I just uploaded the activity to mapmyride and edited the route to move the stray point.