Coronation Double Century - 26 November

CycleTourWebbie

Raynard does a 3.8km swim before and a marathon afterwards, I think that's a little more than even with 1800m of climbing and no TT bike...

Yes, it's superhuman no doubt, but also not relevant, because today he rode the DC and was nowhere near winning it.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Daikin do a Sub 5 last year, when Anderson got penalized also due to feeding?

no. course record is less that today's time but there was no sub-4 last year.

Apparently there are a couple of appeals with some results. Cant understand how some teams can cheat by feeding from the car. Rules apply to everyone and those teams that had to stop to feed are pretty screwed as a result.

Let's wait for the result of the investigation before we jump to conclusions about cheating - there was no feeding from a car. It appears that not everyone was aware that the top seeded teams were given permission by race organisers to feed from a feeding bag. The complaint most probably arose from a miscommunication between the complainant(s) and race organisers: a complaint that riders did not stop to feed most probably got misconstrued as feeding from the car... It is just a pity that the incident could not have been resolved before prize giving.

a complaint that riders did not stop to feed most probably got misconstrued as feeding from the car... It is just a pity that the incident could not have been resolved before prize giving.

I think there's more to it than that - multiple complaints from all sorts of teams - top teams and possibly not so top teams. Anyway I have no complaints and I don't think I could have gone any faster if Team XYZ had stopped to fetch their sandwiches.

is there prize money at stake or just bragging rights for the winners?

who cares about the money...great event...great vibe...true test to see how hard you can go for 200km. What makes this event great is that it is something different. :thumbup:

I personally think JHB must get the same event up there...only problem is that they do not have a safe 200km stretch! :clap:

who cares about the money...great event...great vibe...true test to see how hard you can go for 200km. What makes this event great is that it is something different. :thumbup:

I personally think JHB must get the same event up there...only problem is that they do not have a safe 200km stretch! :clap:

+1

Thats 202 km not 200km :lol:dont short change me.:lol: Those last 30 km is a killer into that wind with those climbs.

Or even 200metres to be honest!

Guest Frail4Life

Got to Race Late. Car to SLOW, From the Wind. Started Last.

Rode first 100km in 3h30, catching Two Teams @ the Top of Tradouw. Rode second 100km in 4h30, catching another 6 Teams. Then a Team Wants to PASS ME IN LAST KM? Take IT AS A CHALLENGE, OUT SPRINT THEM UP THE CLIMB. Ave on Polar, 30km/ 8hours. SOLO!!!

1322322703[/url]' post='1539066']

Let's wait for the result of the investigation before we jump to conclusions about cheating - there was no feeding from a car. It appears that not everyone was aware that the top seeded teams were given permission by race organisers to feed from a feeding bag. The complaint most probably arose from a miscommunication between the complainant(s) and race organisers: a complaint that riders did not stop to feed most probably got misconstrued as feeding from the car... It is just a pity that the incident could not have been resolved before prize giving.

Non stationary feeding was never implicitly allowed. Rules are rules and who is to say who does and doesn't apply?

Plus it was'nt just that: making a cell phone call whilst riding to co-ordinate the rolling feed, from the right hand side of the road instead of the left, and not in front of your parked team car was in contravention of three rules in one go

David Belairs strictly stated that the event was called off and reinstated and that ALL feeding and team car situations must be strictly within protocol at the managers meeting. It was nearly called off because of the teams feeding and chaos it causes. To now overlook teams that contravened is threatening the event for everyone.

Non stationary feeding was never implicitly allowed. Rules are rules and who is to say who does and doesn't apply?

Plus it was'nt just that: making a cell phone call whilst riding to co-ordinate the rolling feed, from the right hand side of the road instead of the left, and not in front of your parked team car was in contravention of three rules in one go

David Belairs strictly stated that the event was called off and reinstated and that ALL feeding and team car situations must be strictly within protocol at the managers meeting. It was nearly called off because of the teams feeding and chaos it causes. To now overlook teams that contravened is threatening the event for everyone.

It sounds to me more like the orginisers taking a cheap shot at Brothers Sport to try and get some publicity. Suppose all the big teams gets their turn from these clowns. I suggest Brothers Sport look forward as they surely have bigger fish to fry next year.

It sounds to me more like the orginisers taking a cheap shot at Brothers Sport to try and get some publicity. Suppose all the big teams gets their turn from these clowns. I suggest Brothers Sport look forward as they surely have bigger fish to fry next year.

Doubt it, Brothers had to fly in half the Matlosana team to help them as it is... Feeding from the car the way they did can save minutes, and that could be enough to take them off the podium had they stopped.

The First team to finish with 6 of their own team members from regular racing hasn't even been mentioned here: Aurecon. No Pro's and All of them Subvets. came in 4th.

Doubt it, Brothers had to fly in half the Matlosana team to help them as it is... Feeding from the car the way they did can save minutes, and that could be enough to take them off the podium had they stopped.

The First team to finish with 6 of their own team members from regular racing hasn't even been mentioned here: Aurecon. No Pro's and All of them Subvets. came in 4th.

Well done, you guys had a great team ride. 8 Riders across the line, 9th followed just over a minute later.

The Brothers team is not the only result being contested and if I were organising this race this is not the kind of publicity I would be chasing - 2 of the podium finishers' results being contested. There is already bad blood from last year's contested result. This can only do more damage.