Basic cycling computer

Fork-it

I recently discovered that my cycling computer was damaged beyond repair.. Don't ask...

I'm in the market for a new basic cycling computer, my damaged computer had the basic functions, (cadance, speed, ave, odo, time, duration etc) I think it had 11 functions. I'm not looking to break the bank with Polar/Garmin/GPS etc, so something similar to what I had should do. This was for the road bike, but I am thinking of replacing the MTB computer aswell for the same or similar computer.

What are your suggestions for replacing the computer?

I've used 3 different Sigma's, no problems with any of them except a dud heart strap on one, which was replaced by Omnico with no questions asked. Would buy another one any day.

I've been looking at getting a new computer too.

Nothing seems to beat the Cateye for overall usefulness, design quality, etc. CRC had some old stock at amazing prices.

My only concern on Cateye is that the entry level model does not have "elapsed time" (which I like to use for races) The Cateye Strada is my 1st choice.

My second choice would be the Ryder Razor - it seemed to have everything, (um except cadence. Is that important to you?) It was really well priced and didn't look too ugly.

Edited by Nickzta