Bell vs Giro vs whatever.......

DeCleated

Im picking up my first MTB tomorrow morning :clap: and I need to get a helmet.

Im no pro so I wont be buying a super expensive 103vent helmet......

What I would like to know is which brand is the best for entry level MTBiking? bang for buck?

Agree with 'Dale, for entry level either one will do the job bang for buck wise. When I started bought an entry level Bell, bought a Giro for my girlfriend, not much difference.

out of those two helmets it the one that fits you best !! they are both great , but not all of us have the same shape pip.

Bell and Giro same company, Bell owns Giro and if I am not mistaken they have the same warrantee policy as do Rudy.

Best is to fit them and decide, just one caution I have Bell sweep and if I once more catch those back pointy things in a door, cupboard etc....anycase they are look cool but are flimsy when they catch on things.

I like the crash replacement warranty on the Bell. Not sure if Giro has the same.

Not that you should ever want to use your warranty...

:P

Bell and Giro same company, Bell owns Giro and if I am not mistaken they have the same warrantee policy

Yip. Same replacement policy

Awesome, so I will go for the best fit :clap:

My other half sees it as a fashion statement......... wants one that fits with her bike........ <_<

Oh yes, and KEEP your receipt because you will need that for your replacement discount. If you crash and break a Bell, they give you 70% off a repacement.

Yeah, fit is very important. I was set on a Bell Sweep two years ago, was ready to pay, then I just happened to put on a Specialized while waiting. It was instantly comfortable, mind made up!