LED Lenser H14 light

Clinton1

I have been wanting to do some night rides at Giba but was put off by the cost of bicycle lights. Last night I stumbled upon the LED Lenser H14, and today I bought one! Stoked and ready to hit the night trails! It cost me R550 at Basil Manning fish shop... far cheaper than Due South and Cape Union Mart.

It is a head light but comes with an adapter which means it fits perfectly on my bikes handle bar. Apparently it is as bright as the sun but I'll be testing that as soon as the sun goes down.

Anyone else have experience with it?

I considered the H7, but the difference in price of only a hundred or so at most places made me lean towards the brighter more powerful unit. It is heavier but I ain't no weight weenie ;)

Edited by Clint_ZA

I just stepped outside and literally lit up the houses about 200m up the road with the light on spot. Exceptional brightness.

Lenser dude. LED Lenser.

If you are going to buy UP, get it right.

You don't buy a pair of Levis and then call them Levys. And you never refer to it as Jock Daniels...

I'm Watching You !

:thumbup:

Lenser dude. LED Lenser.

If you are going to buy UP, get it right.

You don't buy a pair of Levis and then call them Levys. And you never refer to it as Jock Daniels...

I'm Watching You !

:thumbup:

Lenser indeed. In my eagerness to type before running outside I got that wrong. However, in saying that names have never meant anything to me. Hence me riding a Silverback and wearing Mr Price clothing ;)

Edit: And what are you on about, I said Lenser all along ha ha :)

Edited by Clint_ZA

Lenser indeed. In my eagerness to type before running outside I got that wrong. However, in saying that names have never meant anything to me. Hence me riding a Silverback and wearing Mr Price clothing ;)

Edit: And what are you on about, I said Lenser all along ha ha :)

Chump. Then you coulda bought an Energizer from MICA...

Enjoy the ride. Watch out for Boosh Pigs. They don't like bright lights.

well done clint, I have mine for about 2 years now, only changed the batteries once, and I mainly use it for fishing, now and again on a night ride. Money well spent, especially with a beam that shines for 180m

Chump. Then you coulda bought an Energizer from MICA...

Nah, enijiza is too difficult to spell so I wouldn't have been able to share my comments on here if I did!

Enjoy the ride. Watch out for Boosh Pigs. They don't like bright lights.

My H14 has a "defence strobe" mode so bring on those boooosh varke! ;)

Still have to test my lights in the forest. While I still have the time...

Ja dude, ride those legs hard. You gonna be man down for a few good months!

Mazal Tov BTW, nice work!

Awesome lights, have the H7R strapped to my lid.

It was a toss up between the 7 and the 14. Probably be swearing at the extra grams when heading up a steep hill! Would be interesting to compare the light emitted by the two side by side though.

It was a toss up between the 7 and the 14. Probably be swearing at the extra grams when heading up a steep hill! Would be interesting to compare the light emitted by the two side by side though.

I would think the 14 is a brighter light, but the battery is better on the 7. No big issue, doubt you'll be riding for 15hrs in the dark.

On this subject of night riding what are the opinions on head mounted versus handle bar mounted?

I just took a quick ride in the driveway and it was perfect lighting but when taking a sharp turn it did occur to me that the light only comes around to where you are headed into the corner so you cannot suss out what lies ahead. It is as bad as it seems it may be when out on the trails?

On this subject of night riding what are the opinions on head mounted versus handle bar mounted?

I just took a quick ride in the driveway and it was perfect lighting but when taking a sharp turn it did occur to me that the light only comes around to where you are headed into the corner so you cannot suss out what lies ahead. It is as bad as it seems it may be when out on the trails?

I use a Magiclight M816 on the bars and the H7 on the lid.

I think you need both.