From the Inside Out

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must agree with Cptmayhem and Capricorn - the movie was way too short, and it ended abruptly. It was also "ride ride ride" as cpt mentioned - I felt they could have changed the pace up a bit, perhaps with bigger breaks between segments. As the film started the pace was welcomed, but as it kept going I longed for a break in pace - as awesome as the riding was, it actually became monotonous for a while.

Still, well worth a watch. :thumbup:

Hey Tumbles, what you think?

Had car troubles so I missed it :angry: :( but I may go through to the PTA screening tonight.

I agree with you guys. Was a cool night out, but it's getting a bit same old. IMO these guys need a new angle. Most of the riding showcased here is so far beyond the average bloke (me!) and it's cool to watch but only so many times then it's "the same" just slightly different.

How about what Sinematella is doing with 360 Life. Tell the story. Follow a guy or two in their prep for the Mega then cover them doing it. The joy, the anger...the blood sweat and tears. That way they can showcase some killer riding, plus some AM and race stuff that a lot more people can associate with. I'm a big fan of beautiful shots and killer angles, but again, the bar's been set - that is now a pre-requisite. Not a nice to have anymore.

As for the rawness - I definitely agree with you there... But it just didn't carry over to the screen as it did in the shorts. The shorts were all "small time riders riding big time stuff" and just having fun - what it's meant to be. The film, however, is just ride ride ride ride, oh, a train. Ride ride ride. Finish.

Agree

Yeha. Totally. And dude, wtf is up with you not answering to your real name for 3 or 4 times, but when I shout "CROW!" you look around instantly?

Iwan is my nickname! biggrin.gif No seriously, had an op in my right ear earlier this year so not the best of hearing. Should've shouted the first time!

....wtf is up with you not answering to your real name for 3 or 4 times, but when I shout "CROW!" you look around instantly?

Too much Hubbing lately?

Friday night was awesome!

Sure the film was short compared to the usuals... But the awesome previews made up for it. Seriously... with previews like that, it's almost like the Banff film festival!

Besides Semenuk's segment was out-of-this-world!

Oh, plus I won the Scott helmet they were giving away :D

Edited by patches

Friday night was awesome!

Sure the film was short compared to the usuals... But the awesome previews made up for it. Seriously... with previews like that, it's almost like the Banff film festival!

Besides Semenuk's segment was out-of-this-world!

Oh, plus I won the Scott helmet they were giving away :D

And that wouldn't have had any effect on the screening, hey Patches? ;)

Semenuk was (and always is) outstanding.And yes, the previews were FANTASTIC! As was the riding. But the film itself? Meh. As I said before... The riding was SU fkn PERB. But would I buy the flick? No.

Would I watch it again? Maybe. Do I have the same approach to Follow Me / LifeCycles? No. Those flicks were pure entertainment, and had more of a movie-style feel to them. I felt immersed in the movie, whereas here, I felt I was just watching a bunch of uber-talented riders shredding a few trails. No "heart" to it.

Edited by cptmayhem

And that wouldn't have had any effect on the screening, hey Patches? ;)

Semenuk was (and always is) outstanding.And yes, the previews were FANTASTIC! As was the riding. But the film itself? Meh. As I said before... The riding was SU fkn PERB. But would I buy the flick? No.

Would I watch it again? Maybe. Do I have the same approach to Follow Me / LifeCycles? No. Those flicks were pure entertainment, and had more of a movie-style feel to them. I felt immersed in the movie, whereas here, I felt I was just watching a bunch of uber-talented riders shredding a few trails. No "heart" to it.

Hey! I had to fight MtbBarbie for the helmet! Ching-chong-cha style!

Fortunately I can kinda read minds!

But yeah... I hear ya! Awesome riding... but not the same feel as the greats!

ROFL...

I bet you liked that. Did you bring out the ultimate ching chong cha weapon - SPOCK?

you mean this

http://www.oxfordschoolblogs.co.uk/psychcompanion/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/spock.jpg

Nope... sadly it was stated in the rules that i couldn't use that!

there you go, good way to describe it.