Rock Shox Reverb

patches

My RS Reverb got delivered today, and there are 2 items in the box which have me baffled.

What are these:

post-10758-0-75314100-1322817997.jpg

post-10758-0-18222900-1322818016.jpg

I thought this might be a seatpost clamp... but the inner diameter is too small.

Then there was this

post-10758-0-12310200-1322818072.jpg

So yeah... if someone could tell me what these are... that would be great! thanks! :lol:

They look like they are part of the remote lock-out if it has one. ( Cancell that. I am just looking at their website to see what it is)

Edited by Top Fuel

They are clamp bits for a set of matchmaker clamps.

In order to have your trigger shifters, brakes and reverb adjuster thingie on one clamp on your bars. Assuming you are running a SRAM cockpit.

The top one is a clamp used to keep your post at a set height if the hydraulics fail.

...or if you want to only drop it to a set height other than full drop. And matchmaker yes.

Patches, I have a question about the reverb, perhaps you can help me...

Is there a way to set the "fully extended" length of the dropper post? Obviously if you drop the post you can drop it as much or as little as you want, but let's say you lift you ass totally off the seat and pop it out to "full", is there a way to set how much "full" is...? Or can you only set it up by changing how far you insert the dropper post into your frame?

Dunno if that makes sense... just asking because I've thought about a dropper post, but worried that at full extension with it in the frame as far as it can go it might be too high...

Edited by the_wes

Is there a way to set the "fully extended" length of the dropper post? Obviously if you drop the post you can drop it as much or as little as you want, but let's say you lift you ass totally off the seat and pop it out to "full", is there a way to set how much "full" is...? Or can you only set it up by changing how far you insert the dropper post into your frame?

Dunno if that makes sense... just asking because I've thought about a dropper post, but worried that at full extension with it in the frame as far as it can go it might be too high...

If you're worried about that, bro, why don't you just get one of the shorter travel variants out there? I assume they still make them...

Not possible what you ask, but you do get the Reverb in two lenghts 380mm and 420mm.

You also get a 100mm drop Reverb now for guys who don't want the full 5" or with frames that do not have a straight ST.

The part of the post in the frame does not move, there is another shaft that moves within the post, I am sure that it would have been designed in a way that when fully extended that it is still within the safe zone. But we've seen what you do to wheels so valid question :lol:

Thanks for the feedback guys!

that seatpost clamp looking thing had me stumped, and nowhere in the instruction manual does it tell you what it is.

@Wes, as mentioned above the upper limit cannot be set. But in my case I'm going to set the post to fully compressed. Then put the base in the seat tube till I get the height I like the saddle at while jumping. I'll then extend it and see. If it extends too far I may lower my jumping height (you can never have the saddle too low :lol: ). If it doens't extend enough, I may have to learn to jump with a slightly higher seatpost.

But yeah, I've never been too finnicky about exact heights. so I may just let my bum be the setter of the upper limit. If it's 10mm out from where it was before, I won't notice the difference.

You set your seat height to where it would be in mormal riding position.

You drop it in the technical stuff and then extend it back to normal riding position when you done.

Why would you want an upper limit ?

So the reverb got its first use this weekend. Day 1 on the bike and it racked up some milage.

Yesterday, Groenkloof & Fountains 6:00 - 10:00, then Reitvlei 24hr 11:30 - 22:30

...and I know every person with a dropper seatpost says this... but it's true...

worth.every.cent!

Guest Omega Man

worth.every.cent!

Yeah they are really sweet. I have to say tho. To anyone thinking about getting a Joplin. Don't! They leak oil and generally suck compared to the reverb.

To anyone thinking about getting a Joplin. Don't! They leak oil and generally suck compared to the reverb.

Yes.

+ lots of play

+ saddle clamp design sucks

+ 3" drop is not enough

+ + + + +

KSi950 is also a good choice. Tried and tested :thumbup: I haven't regretted my purchase.

Edited by Grebel