New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

Might also be interested in doing the DC again this year. Looking for a team aiming at around 8hrs. Faster than that is too fast for me, but I don't want to be on the road for 9hrs plus like with my last DC team.

I reckon 8 hrs might be a bit hot for me ... I'd happily take your vacated spot in that 9hrs team though ... ;)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also be keen for the DC. Would have to start sewing seeds with my wife now already. She's fed up with cycling and the Argus as it is. :P

Oh yes ... I know that scenario very well indeed. Already expecting to have to trade Die Burger if I get a DC spot.

Count me in for any teams forming with an 8.5 to 9.5 goal ...

I managed to get from H to E in the seeding run. Hopefully with the Argus and the first rides of the season later this year should hopefully get to C.

Woot Woot!!

PPA seeding sucks! Started the season in MTB C from previous Argus times. For the fist time did some ppa MTB events, Wolseley (5th), Citrusdal (9th) and Bo-Piketberg (3rd). After seeding run I stayed in C? Apparently the events wasn't big enough to be seeded. So how many of the PPA mtb events will be big enough for seedings? Did the Franschoek porcupine the other day and came 20th in a strong field, after the latest seedings they didn't use the franschoek race for my mtb seeding but used it for my road seeding? That after I did a 2:29 burger and came 18th in the klein Joostenberg, so with previous argus times should have enough races for the road seeding?

In all the mtb races I did, I finished between most of the A mtb guys, but still have a C seeding, can anyone please explain?

I am pleasantly surprised that the seeding run has already been completed. In the past near Argus time seedings were the last thing on the PPA's mind.

Quite chuffed with the results. From the beginning of January to today I have moved from P group to I group. Will see what the next spring season has in store. :D

edit: Typo

Good going, big guy!

PPA seeding sucks! Started the season in MTB C from previous Argus times. For the fist time did some ppa MTB events, Wolseley (5th), Citrusdal (9th) and Bo-Piketberg (3rd). After seeding run I stayed in C? Apparently the events wasn't big enough to be seeded. So how many of the PPA mtb events will be big enough for seedings? Did the Franschoek porcupine the other day and came 20th in a strong field, after the latest seedings they didn't use the franschoek race for my mtb seeding but used it for my road seeding? That after I did a 2:29 burger and came 18th in the klein Joostenberg, so with previous argus times should have enough races for the road seeding?

In all the mtb races I did, I finished between most of the A mtb guys, but still have a C seeding, can anyone please explain?

One of those mysteries that no one knows. Up there with JFK, missing socks, and belly button lint...

Do what I did - mail them a ranting raving letter about this same problem. They'll ignore you outright, but you'll feel better for having vented. Then carry on with your life.

One of those mysteries that no one knows. Up there with JFK, missing socks, and belly button lint...

Do what I did - mail them a ranting raving letter about this same problem. They'll ignore you outright, but you'll feel better for having vented. Then carry on with your life.

Nah, I've read somewhere that they aren't doing any mtb seeding runs until after the argus, just not enough events to justify doing it.

I think...