New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

B is where I think it will stop now, hehe :eek:

You say that now ... but wait until you get out on that next ride. The heart and legs will take over anything your head is saying ...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know how PPA calculate the penalty they apply to older events? PPA have already depreciated my Argus 2011 seeding by 34% for example.

You say that now ... but wait until you get out on that next ride. The heart and legs will take over anything your head is saying ...

Just a bit impossible to ride a A index in the A-C starting group and not planning to ride league, so thats why I am sure it will stop at B :thumbup:

happy.gif up to "C" ph34r.gif eek.gif w00t.gif

I also have a "C" now - not sure how big the jump is, as I have gotten quite comfortable in "D" :eek: Don't want to get a number just to get raped in A-C...

What do you guys think?

Just a bit impossible to ride a A index in the A-C starting group and not planning to ride league, so thats why I am sure it will stop at B :thumbup:

Ah, I see. Well congrats anyhow on the leap from X to B and enjoy riding up front!

I also have a "C" now - not sure how big the jump is, as I have gotten quite comfortable in "D" :eek: Don't want to get a number just to get raped in A-C...

What do you guys think?

you can check the difference in times between the groups in previous races(I am not sure what it is). If you got up to a C seeding you should be fine riding in that group. welcome!

What do you guys think?

LOL! Pappa wag vir jou! Upgrade man. Join us guys bitchin about the wheel suckers in the bunch. Pace is faster and the legs will scream but it'll be good for ya. :devil:

What do you guys think?

Just sit in the bunch and suck some wheel and sprint past Tiny_K in the end ;)

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I thought PPA used the 3 best rides to calculate the seeding....that means the 3 rides recently with the lowest Beta?

Not what they have done with mine?

Just sit in the bunch and suck some wheel and sprint past Tiny_K in the end ;)

hahahahaha! I was waiting for that one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :whistling:

hahahahaha! I was waiting for that one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :whistling:

Tiny do you know if Isaac Mudau rode with a team on sunday? I see he got 15th overall. From ABC bunch to 15th overall in the elite bunch, unbelieveable!

Edited by SFDT

I thought PPA used the 3 best rides to calculate the seeding....that means the 3 rides recently with the lowest Beta?

Not what they have done with mine?

Not with the lowest beta but your fastest rides. The beta is an index that compares the intensity of the Argus. See it as a 'relativity' factor.

How they calculate it is: (your time in minutes / adjusted winners time in minutes) -1. multiply the answer by the index, multiplied by 100 and you get your result's index.

Tiny do you know if Isaac Mudau rode with a team on saturday? I see he got 15th overall. From ABC bunch to 15th overall in the elite bunch, unbelieveable!

I do know of him - he used to ride in JHB and moved down here for work. He rode ABC because he didn't have a team - after the cobra he got calls from some teams to join them - that is why he is there. So to answer your question, yes he was riding in a team but which team, I don't know. He is a moer of a strong rider - broke away at the Tour de PPA on Helz and we only caught him with 500m to go from the finish.

I do know of him - he used to ride in JHB and moved down here for work. He rode ABC because he didn't have a team - after the cobra he got calls from some teams to join them - that is why he is there. So to answer your question, yes he was riding in a team but which team, I don't know. He is a moer of a strong rider - broke away at the Tour de PPA on Helz and we only caught him with 500m to go from the finish.

He was not riding in team kit yesterday, he was wearing his white top.

Don't you just love how things just change all of a sudden. Was 0.02 away from a B seeding and now all of a sudden 1.5 away. How does that happen. All recent races so no penalties added

He was not riding in team kit yesterday, he was wearing his white top.

Interesting. I did see him on the start line with a white jersey on. he told me via Fb chat that he was going to be riding for a team - Bf? Dunno what team that is. Maybe the team story still needs to be finalised - amazing result for solo rider :thumbup: