Transport bike in the rain

Sepia

Using a drongo's estimation, how many meters of cling wrap would this take? Should he go past the airport and get the baggage cling wrap okes to do his bike quick? Oh, and the glue on insulting tape is not so good when wet. He's gonna end up with a flapper about two hours in. Any alternatives?

Not many.

And I have never had a flapper yet.

Lots here though !

**I haven't even been able to bring myself to look if the OP has thrown himself off a bridge yet, or not!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

**I haven't even been able to bring myself to look if the OP has thrown himself off a bridge yet, or not!

Win :D

Oh check... I just became a "champion hugger" on this Thread!!!

More win!

Go drink with the aussie.

Can I go drink now?

I find it very hard to believe that rain drops, even at 100km per hour can penetrate deep enough to cause any significant damage to a bike and it's bearings. That just doesn't make sense There is a big difference between a jet of water directed straight at a bearing and rain drops hitting the bike from a mainly frontal direction. You don't need to be an engineer to figure this one out....

Edited by mtbvip

I find it very hard to believe that rain drops, even at 100km per hour can penetrate deep enough to cause any significant damage to a bike and it's bearings. That just doesn't make sense There is a big difference between a jet of water directed straight at a bearing and rain drops hitting the bike from a mainly frontal position.

Yeah, you'd think bike and/or roof rack manufacturers would have some sort of "rain disclaimer" in their clauses by now, wouldn't you?

Speed kills, water corrodes metal and carports can damage your saddle.

Slight error here on the 1st point, it is the difference is speed that kills (or could) not speed itself.

my 10cents worth. (getting ready for the demise of the 5c)

Slight error here on the 1st point, it is the difference in speed that kills (or could) not speed itself.

Yeah, the sudden stop, you mean?

Slight error here on the 1st point, it is the difference is speed that kills (or could) not speed itself.

Rubbish! Speed thrills. It's the sudden de-accelleration that really gets you :P

Hey, Swiss, logically speaking, where do you stand on the kept left, pass right issue on souf efrikan roads?

Hopefully on a bridge above the road....

TBH i follow the when in Rome Africa i.e. do as the locals principal.

Ah, right. Sad, but I get it.

Is that Bullshitters or bulshitters?

So, not too many engineers on this thread.

Yip Swisster , I meant bullshitters, but forgot to add fakes and fraudsters.

Now my final answer to the OP. the Great and Holy Dangle (thanks explosive BoB :thumbup: ) says that the only solution is the one that you are comfortable with.

Now I know why they call this the country with so many options. Everybody just does his own bloody thing here.