Training Rides - Plettenberg Bay

bruce

Can anybody from the EC tell me what the safe training rides are (road riding) starting at Plett.

Taking a look at Google Earth it looks to me like the N2 is pretty much the only riding down there.  The R340 goes inland but if memory serves me correctly that becomes a dirt road at some point.

Hi Bruce

How far away from Plett are you looking to ride?

I grew up in the Wilderness, so I can list all of the training routes on that side of Plett if you're willing to do a little bit of driving.

Otherwise, sadly, there's not all that much more than the N2, which is not the best riding choice for this time of year!

I rode a fair bit from Knysna, so pretty close. You could head out and do quite a lot of the Knysna race route - along the N2 and then left up the climb before turing back. You could also head out and do the older Knysna route.

There are a few good climbs in Knysna around Pezula for some L4 stuff.

Guest colonel

Hey how long you up there for? Im coming up on the 28th to get away from this place and train. Maybe we can hook up I know of a few routes but please dont ask me roads names I just know, go left there and go straight then right over there.

Thanks guys, not really planning to drive to get to the ride routes.  Would like to get the riding done and dusted by 7:30 in the morning.

I had a look at the route map for the P&P Knysna race, so I'll ride some of that route.

Colonel - pity, I go down on Friday and leave the 28th.

I think we should ban these threads advertising holiday rides, not fair on us guys who are holding the fort back home.

I would so love to be riding down at the coast right now but at least I am saving my leave for Argus fun ride time Big%20smile.

I think we should ban these threads advertising holiday rides' date=' not fair on us guys who are holding the fort back home.

I would so love to be riding down at the coast right now but at least I am saving my leave for Argus fun ride time Big%20smile.

[/quote'] Talking about the Argus... Did anyone read the mail we received yesterday? We are NOT allowed to do 2 laps! Cry

I think we should ban these threads advertising holiday rides' date=' not fair on us guys who are holding the fort back home.

[/quote'] Talking about the Argus... Did anyone read the mail we received yesterday? We are NOT allowed to do 2 laps! Cry

Maybe we should really screw with the system and ride a second lap in the opposite direction Shocked.

Maybe we should really screw with the system and ride a second lap in the opposite direction Shocked.

LOL as long as you wear Bulk Pack or MTN kit Big%20smile hijack over... Come on lads help bruce now wrt routes!

I know there's a group ride leaving from Kevin Evans' bike shop at 05:00 in the mornings.. they take the road past Old Nick and out to Natures Valley Toll Gate.. 

Update on the post above. . . . . . .

The ride is from the Engen on the Highway (N2) and it starts at 6am. It's out and over the keurbooms hill and to the Toll gate and back!

The ride is from the Engen on the Highway (N2) and it starts at 6am. It's out and over the keurbooms hill and to the Toll gate and back!

That sounds great. I'll also be in Plett from 28 Dec till 13 Jan.

How long is that ride?

Do you have a contact person for that group ride?

Looking forward to doing some good mileage while there.

That sounds great. I'll also be in Plett from 28 Dec till 13 Jan.

How long is that ride?

Do you have a contact person for that group ride?

Looking forward to doing some good mileage while there.

I just had a look on Garmin Mapsource - looks like the ride would be about 65km.