Action Cycling Cape Town

robmac

:clap: :clap: :clap:

A big thanks you to Marco de Nobrega and his team.

Best service I have had from a bike shop by miles.

Will definately be back for more.

I am in no way affiliated with the store other than as a new customer.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a similar experience there last week - a real pleasure to deal with the guys and they know what they are doing.

I booked a my Fox fork in for a service as I heard they service them on site and they could do it same day. Booking was done efficiently and from the start I got the idea that no matter who I spoke to they know bikes.

Took the bike in on the day of the service, was advised by a colleague to use their free parking just off the mall, which is useful if you are stopping and dropping, 20 mins free.

Got a call at about midday to advise of something additional suggested to be done outside the original scope – I chose not to have it done as it was not essential – they didn’t argue or insist.

Picked the bike up later that afternoon – they replaced a cable and gave some general comments on things they had looked at – no talking down to the customer, just friendly chat about the bike.

Payment was quick and efficient.

Now that sounds like a normal story – but it is by no means normal in CT bike shops – so well done to them.

Some other general comments:

• Have a buzzer thingy at the door – greet every customer who walks in and attend to them – they are your bread and butter

• My experience when it comes to forks/ shocks is to go to guys that ride downhill bikes eg Action or The Bike Shed, they know how to service/set up a shock. (You go don’t go to Action for tri-bars and you don’t go to the TriShop for a shock).

• It’s good to see a bike shop where you can see a guy ‘wrenching’ in the shop, hiding your mechanics in the back might indicate you have something to hide

• If somebody takes the trouble to book a bike in fore sameday service – make sure you take the trouble to do it sameday

• Phoning the customer to ask them if you can do something extra is an obligation not an extra

• Treating every customer like a loyal customer is a good place to start with customer service – consumers are fickle, and they have choices -disloyalty is one reasonable bad experience away

I always go to this shop when I can. And they are the only shop that supports the dh race scene in cape town. The other day they rebushed my shock while I waited! 10 mins and it was done. No waiting a week for a call to collect like some places...

Just a pitty they mainly do Mtb's :thumbdown:

They also sorted my tandem out pronto, and those can be finicky things to work on.

I'll trust a Mtb expert with my road bike anyday, but I won't trust a roadbike expert with my Mtb at all!

They also sorted my tandem out pronto, and those can be finicky things to work on.

I'll trust a Mtb expert with my road bike anyday, but I won't trust a roadbike expert with my Mtb at all!

Very true, DJR...

Can't believe that at the beginning of the year, one guy walked in their shop and browsed around, then walked out with their laptop, so they had to change their shop and be more careful.

I agree that they only specialize on MTB and downhill bikes, not road. They can get anything for road bikes, if you ask...

They do good job in oneday...

What a pity! that there is lots of competitions in Cape Town with 5/6 bike shops nearby....

I have to agree though, these guys are fantastic. All of them are very knowledgeable, and they WILL get you anything & everything you need.

The only LBS that has ordered something for me, and phoned me as soon as it had arrived. Little things.

i have not used them as the bike shed whom i trust is very near to me and i ride on contermans daily(try to),but it is very refreshing to read threads like this.good for you action cycles.

• 3 months later...

I'm in the market for a Giant roadbike, but I've understood that the Giant suppliers has a new policy not to supply them anymore bikes. Does anyone know why?

Archived