Easton Wheels - Broken spokes

Broker

Which LBS in Jhb or private individual is the best when it come to fixing of broken spokes and tru-ing wheels. I have now broken 4 spokes over a short period on my Easton wheels. I am now of the opinion that with every fix the tension on spokes are not even and therefor cause another spoke to break.

Also had an issue with Easton Aero wheels about 6 months back, apparently was a "bad batch". I sent the wheels back to omnico to be rebuilt with double butted spokes.

Try the Complete Cyclist - Sorted my Easton's out pronto. Going to Omnico means going to Apetown and that could mean weeks if not months. Also Complete Cyclist is open all the way through the holiday period.

That is rare for Easton wheels.

The 70's were prone to broken spokes....something to do with the spoke not entering the rim at 90 degrees i was told.

The 70's were prone to broken spokes....something to do with the spoke not entering the rim at 90 degrees i was told.

My Easton circuits lasted me well till the front got damaged in an accident, been using the rear together with EA70 front but have not used the rear EA70 yet.

Try the Complete Cyclist - Sorted my Easton's out pronto. Going to Omnico means going to Apetown and that could mean weeks if not months. Also Complete Cyclist is open all the way through the holiday period.

APE Town for sure!!!

You have 1 choice, box them and send to Russel at OMNICO. Russel is the best with these wheels, he was trained by Easton and works majic. OMNICO have a swift turnaround time but are closed now for the holidays.

Edited by BMXER