Current exchange rate

Smolly

Had a chat to the owner of my LBS.

Things are looking rather bleak with the current exchange rate as prices are going to soar!

Just thought we should all be aware and know that our upgrades and mods are gonna cost a bit more!

Edited by Smolster

Lets hope it improves, as we are already buggered for the next few months - I pray for no major failures or breakdowns! :unsure:

Depends on which currency you earn.

I look forward to some real softness....something meaningful :D

Unfortunately I'm one of the twats on the wrong end of the stick!

Faaaarrrk did you see the prices of the 2012 Zipp's .....

The prices have gone up quite a bit here to but ex rate makes it worse in SA.

I blame the Distributor. No matter what the ROE, they make their margin and pass on the fluctuation to the LBS who in turn passes it on to us. I import glass display cabinets from IKEA which I have been selling at the same price for 4 years.

Sometimes the i get knocked by a strong Rand, sometimes I score on the weak end of the Rand. Swings and roundabouts on a much smaller scale, but principle is the same. Sometimes you need to take one for the team, unless of course you have to maintain a certain lifestyle and get rich by selling less at more, rather than more at less.;)

:lol: :clap:

Only part of my salary is caculated in $, and to-morrow hafta buy $1000.00 to have some spending money when I go back to work in January :(

:lol: :clap:

Only part of my salary is caculated in $, and to-morrow hafta buy $1000.00 to have some spending money when I go back to work in January :(

Old trick from the local importers. Dollar goes up, prices go up. Dollar comes down, LBS and importers say they bought there stock at high exchange rate so can't drop.

Like 3 months ago when the dollar was at R6.40 compared to the R8.20 or so it is now. Didn't see a change in pricing then.