And this is why I love the western cape

headhunter2000

So lets stick to the topic please. If you like, you can counter with pics of your cycling in Giga, in the sugarcane plantations on the North Coast, your cycling in the South Coast, etc. You get my drift? :D

Unfortunately the topic did degenerate into a "CT is so wonderful and the rest of SA sucks" fairly quick. And I tend to take offence to this fairly quickly too, so I must apologise for adding fuel.

I'll reiterate again what I said earlier as I truly believe it : "All parts of South Africa have their own unique attributes which is what makes this country awesome". Just wish some Capetonians would take their blinkers off and accept this...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All good. :thumbup: I'll rather stay in Cpt than Dbn. Now if we could only have the warm water of the Indian ocean, I might also start to think about venturing into the ocean for a swim. Must add, swimming at Gordonsbay in Dec / Jan is almost pleasureable.

Bains Kloof Pass (Wellington in valley)

Was this the notorious training DC training ride last year? Garth, me and Blackie? Unless it isn't and that isn't me in the Bianchi jersey.

Was this the notorious training DC training ride last year? Garth, me and Blackie? Unless it isn't and that isn't me in the Bianchi jersey.

Yip...

It went downhill from there quite quickly.

*pun def intended*

:lol: :lol:

Unfortunately the topic did degenerate into a "CT is so wonderful and the rest of SA sucks" fairly quick. And I tend to take offence to this fairly quickly too, so I must apologise for adding fuel.

I'll reiterate again what I said earlier as I truly believe it : "All parts of South Africa have their own unique attributes which is what makes this country awesome". Just wish some Capetonians would take their blinkers off and accept this...

I can sum it up like this, each year my wife asks me where we are going to go on holiday. I say inside or outside SA? She replies, inside, don't want to spend too much money. I answer, but love, we are already live in the nicest part of SA and the most popular holdiay spot, where would we go. She only laughs and then asks if she can rather spend the holidays budget on some new clothing. Works every year and i cannot argue with it. Gotta love her for it!

Tarmac.

I hope you posted this in Dangle's photo thread thing mate!

What did you take that with? Phone or proper camera? (Not that phones don't have 'proper' cameras now)

I shot that with my iPhone 4. then edited (as per Clint) with Camera+ to add their clarity filter and not HDR, but Polarize. I do have a Canon 550D but sadly I'm not lugging it up the mountain given my tendancy to race and descending the singletracks forgettng I have it on my back! :lol:

It's actually three photo's merged and cropped.

I shot that with my iPhone 4. then edited (as per Clint) with Camera+ to add their clarity filter and not HDR, but Polarize. I do have a Canon 550D but sadly I'm not lugging it up the mountain given my tendancy to race and descending the singletracks forgettng I have it on my back! :lol:

It's actually three photo's merged and cropped.

:thumbup: Looks sweet.

Now i need to see if I can do the same on my Samdung.

Just need a splendid view like that. But alas, I live in a dump!

You mean 5D right?

This pic looks like a stitched iPhone panorama with psuedo HDR filter. I've a couple of Lightroom filters that do this as well. Always come out a bit too much contrast.

Indeed I did.

That it is, stitched.

Do phones have "pseudo HDR filters"? If so, what is it called if it ain't HDR filter?

"CT is so wonderful and the rest of the DA sucks"

I tend to take offence fairly quickly, so I must apologise. (apology accepted)

Just wish some Capetonians would take their blinkers off as it would improve their driving.

Cape Town is the cleanest large city in South Africa, period. They have the country's worst drivers.

Durban is the dirtiest large city in South Africa, period. They have the country's most aggressive drivers.

Johannesburg city is a large dump, period. They have the countries fastest drivers. In the left lane.

Indeed I did.

That it is, stitched.

Do phones have "pseudo HDR filters"? If so, what is it called if it ain't HDR filter?

sure thing. browse the app store. there are plenty.

The early settlers arrived on our shores and decided there has to be better places than this, so began the big trek north. :D

Nuff said ;)

The early settlers arrived on our shores and decided there has to be better places than this, so began the big trek north. :D

Nuff said ;)

Ummm, no. You must have not paid attention in history class at school.

But you guys are completely right. Cape Town really sucks. It's horrible here, dirty, dangerous, horrid riding too. No point in coming here. Now to just get that message to the million tourists blocking the streets.