Giba Gorge Blue

KenG

Did my usual ride with the usual guys this morning, only to find a new jump heading down Blue. Took a right at the fork (not been that way for some time with the new routes complete) and was blown away by what I found. A whole new series of jumps, tables, burms ect.. The track was wet and the new jumps still very soft and clearly not finished yet, but can hardly wait to go down again.

Thank you Santa :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS. Please dont ask me for pics, as there is no ways I'm slowing down to get the camera out :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Ken - let us know what you think of the gravity trail now. Its taken me a while to finish building it and i still have some work to do to add in a couple more berms and remove the one tabletop thats too small and slows you down. - But it is coming together slowly. Cheers Nige (the trail builder)

Nigel all good bru, just one jump that is too small, probably the one you talking about. Can see someone bombing that and landing on their front wheel and tip and rolling. Probably me. Otherwise all good. You guys have done a lot of work there. Any chance of removing the slippery cross angle root that runs across the trail , high up on the original section?

just one jump that is too small, probably the one you talking about.

Hey dude - is it the one after the 3 flat corners - you hit a big left berm and then into a right-left-right and as you come out there is a table before a single-to-bankride .... that one will be removed and the sand will be used to berm the corners before.

(Any chance of removing the slippery cross angle root that runs across the trail , high up on the original section?)

NO CHANCE!!! thats what makes the trail tech! If you go overseas its just muddy roots! we need more of that here... I'll give you a tip though ... as you come into it hug the trail on the left theres a dead straight fast line and it misses the whole root!

Big ups to the changes on that route... Went through on saturday and loved it.. Carried on the "Bizhub" route... was epic.... Bit overgrown toward the end, but all good.. Jumps are well designed,,, could even jump the table tops on my 29er!!! and i was a roadie convert!!

I got to ride the Blue route this evening, it was awesome :thumbup: Some of the switchbacks on the way up are pretty tight, and almost saw my arse, lol. Just one thing, when you start onto the Biz Hub route, you hit the first switchbacks on the way down, maybe adding a sign to say that its coming up , or even a wooden fence/ barrier, cause I was hauling ass and then suddenly you hit the first switchback to the left and I almost carried on straight off the edge :eek: Must say I crapped myself a bit. Its a bit overgrown in sections and very rutted in some places, but thats all good, keeps you on your toes I suppose. ;) Can you still get to Gravity, if you carry on straight instead of turning left down the Biz Hub Trail, past the dam?

I can't wait to ride it again this weekend :clap: Thanks for the awesome new trail Biz Hub and Nigel

I got to ride the Blue route this evening, it was awesome :thumbup: Some of the switchbacks on the way up are pretty tight, and almost saw my arse, lol. Just one thing, when you start onto the Biz Hub route, you hit the first switchbacks on the way down, maybe adding a sign to say that its coming up , or even a wooden fence/ barrier, cause I was hauling ass and then suddenly you hit the first switchback to the left and I almost carried on straight off the edge :eek: Must say I crapped myself a bit. Its a bit overgrown in sections and very rutted in some places, but thats all good, keeps you on your toes I suppose. ;) Can you still get to Gravity, if you carry on straight instead of turning left down the Biz Hub Trail, past the dam?

I can't wait to ride it again this weekend :clap: Thanks for the awesome new trail Biz Hub and Nigel

Hey dude - ok you confused me a bit here so i have added in a map

The "old" gravity is still open where you stay straight at the top of the trail and go past the dam. I think the switchback you are refering to that is the left one is the one that takes you onto the trail past the White House once you have been over all the tabletops (am I correct??) ... If so whats happening here (when i get some more funding) is that im going to berm the corner so that it slingshots you into that trail - we will also try use the bobcat to widen the entrance so its a bit safer. BUT and this is the cool bit ... IF you want to ride the old gravity with all the new berms at the bottom ... the entrance berm to lower bizhub will be build so that it is a tabletop if you are going straight down gravity. So you have a berm to go onto bizhub that you use as a the takeoff of a jump if you going down gravity! ... SICK!!! then we also going to add in a couple of new sections on the bottom of the old gravity to add more corners and berms and flow to it. So keep your eyes peeled!

post-16861-0-33246800-1327041898.jpg

Sorry for the confusion,lol. You have turned right onto the Upper Biz Hub route, I can't remember if it was the first set of switchbacks or the second, I think it was the 2nd lot of switchbacks. You are coming down hill with a bit of pace, and its like a blind switchback(if that makes sense). I almost was not able to brake in time and carried on straight down the hill, I know for next time. If need be I will look into making a sign for it if that helps? I think just a small warning to slow down a bit, or that a sharp switchback is approaching.

Otherwise, besides the other small things I mentioned it is awesome :clap:

post-13006-0-77154900-1327042450.jpg

Sorry for the confusion,lol. You have turned right onto the Upper Biz Hub route, I can't remember if it was the first set of switchbacks or the second, I think it was the 2nd lot of switchbacks. You are coming down hill with a bit of pace, and its like a blind switchback(if that makes sense). I almost was not able to brake in time and carried on straight down the hill, I know for next time. If need be I will look into making a sign for it if that helps? I think just a small warning to slow down a bit, or that a sharp switchback is approaching.

Otherwise, besides the other small things I mentioned it is awesome :clap:

AAH yes - i know which ones you mean now ... its the second set on the upper trail ... Yeah they are WAY too tight and are actually getting eroded now that the trail has packed in. Also okes are starting to find cheat lines that go straight so you miss out the corners. - maybe we can organise a build day where we go there and rebuild them so that they are a set that flows into each other so that you hold speed. .... similar to the ones at the bottom of old gravity that we have rebuilt. .... Will try organise some labour from Jason and will get Jethro onto it

AAH yes - i know which ones you mean now ... its the second set on the upper trail ... Yeah they are WAY too tight and are actually getting eroded now that the trail has packed in. Also okes are starting to find cheat lines that go straight so you miss out the corners. - maybe we can organise a build day where we go there and rebuild them so that they are a set that flows into each other so that you hold speed. .... similar to the ones at the bottom of old gravity that we have rebuilt. .... Will try organise some labour from Jason and will get Jethro onto it

Yeah, thats them, I noticed the erosion as well, and I saw the cheat line/ trail that guys have been taking.

100% keen to get involved in a build day. Is there a way to try prevent the erosion in places, a drainage type sysytem to help with water run off? I'm not even sure thats possible, otherwise some sections will get eroded very quickly.

Hey Nige.

Shot for that. We haven't been there in a bit - been busy with our local jol :D - but will spin through on outride Sunday.

Can you show the new WHOOPIE :w00t: section on a GE clip??

Thanks!

Will give it a whirl....

To the other two ninnies. NO roots out. LOOK OUT for hairpin bends :devil:

Hey Nige.

Shot for that. We haven't been there in a bit - been busy with our local jol :D - but will spin through on outride Sunday.

Thanks!

Will give it a whirl....

To the other two ninnies. NO roots out. LOOK OUT for hairpin bends :devil:

Come get your hands dirty for a trail building day :whistling: There is no looking out for hairpin bends when they rush up at you at 40km/h on a blind corner. Approach with caution. ;)

Edited by Caerus

Havent video'd it yet but will do it soon.

I'll add some pics i took while we were building though

Caerus, if you talking about the first set of switch backs (switch - up), there is a bizhub sign on the flat section just before which is great brake marker. but dont worry about going over, you'll only do it once :eek: .

Nigel, what a shot. Love what you have done on blue. Glad the one top has already been identified as a problem, other wise all good. just need a little more travel in the bike , and a bigger pair of nuts.

Come get your hands dirty for a trail building day :whistling: There is no looking out for hairpin bends when they rush up at you at 40km/h on a blind corner. Approach with caution. ;)

Dude. A little busy on our own one...thanks for the invite though. ;)

I know the bends :eek: almost got me the first time.... :w00t: :w00t: :P

Havent video'd it yet but will do it soon.

I'll add some pics i took while we were building though

That will be cool.

What I meant was ...which part of blue? on the Google Earth map....?