Konaman

Lindani? I thought that was for the benefit of the camera! :o

Rummages photo archives

Yeah, but there seemed to be more concern for the Ghost than my injuries… :(

And, no, you can spare us the pics…

Bar-ends on a riser bar fail. :P

No, it is spelled F-A-L-L

;)

At my bar, I drink whatever I feel like so lick my chain.

I've had to bail of my bike when my brakes failed and there was only one way of doing that... and it wasn't fun.

Kevin !! Is that you?

Talk to someone that races BMX. They really know how to fall. One of our mates, a top local BMX racer came off in Craigall in the 94.7 race. He trashed both wheels and his bike had some other damage, but he only ended up with some roasties. Boy knows how to fall, tuck n roll as mentioned. Alternatively you can tap into the expertise of fellow Hubber Tumbleweed as he has a lot of experience in the field.

Did 6 months of Aikido when I was in the US last season. The first thing they teach you is how to fall properly and how to fall from pretty much any position. The martial arts training is based in throwing and being thrown and therefore it is important to learn how to fall correctly to avoid injury during training. Best thing I ever learnt for a crash situation as it becomes pretty natural even after only a few months.

I would suggest some private lessons with a local Sensei if you don't have the time to attend classes regularly.

Best of all is of course not to fall! :0

I've had to bail of my bike when my brakes failed and there was only one way of doing that... and it wasn't fun.

What brakes are those that both front and rear fail at the same time?

My front brakes were worn out, completely, one day when I was riding at contermans.

I was fine and then I started going down, can't remember what it's called.

The steep switchback, the 1st one, ridden it before, anyhow, go down with speed to use for the berm, otherwise you fall off.

Go in fast, pull the brakes, back brake works, front doesn't, fly off the path, tumble, land on the track a few meters down.

I only wish i had a gopro.

Did 6 months of Aikido when I was in the US last season. The first thing they teach you is how to fall properly and how to fall from pretty much any position. The martial arts training is based in throwing and being thrown and therefore it is important to learn how to fall correctly to avoid injury during training. Best thing I ever learnt for a crash situation as it becomes pretty natural even after only a few months.

I would suggest some private lessons with a local Sensei if you don't have the time to attend classes regularly.

Best of all is of course not to fall! :0

Total agreement.

Had one nasty fall, on tar, when a landrover decided to get in my space and i had to grab a handful of recently adjusted brakes. Which worked too well. Did a beautiful tuck and roll onto my left shoulder, from instinct developed a long time ago doing 1000s of Judo rolls. Did crack a rib though because the speed with which the tar met my back was a bit much - but it could have been a helluva lot worse.

It's worth practicing rolling/falling on soft grass but leave the bike out of it!