ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

Can't wait for my second TB!!!

EcoBound, any chances you can put up a little tent or something at the top of the mountain? For the ladies (like me) who are very shy and needs a place to change to dry clothes. I know the toilets are there, but you know how they look after a few hours and when its dark (yukky)

Everything else is perfect and everything well organised! Thanks for a great event!!

Point noted. You will definitely notice the difference this year.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Double D's are entered!! Whohooo!!! I wasnt even planning on doing this but was conned into it by a roadie. Suppose I had better get fit now. (Am doing a 2 week unsupported tour in April, hope that counts.)

If anyone has tips etc, feel free to pm me!

:D My sister wont con anyone into anything they dont want to do. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Entered last night, we are 3 guys and a girl mixed team "Geen Haas". Looking forward! My second TB (first 2008), rest of team's first one.

Time to get off the couch. NOW.

Your

:D My sister wont con anyone into anything they dont want to do. lol

You sister cons everyone into doing things, whether they want to or not

• 3 weeks later...

And we are entered for yet another one!Hopefully my first on the original route.Can't wait but still have to start training....

Couple of rough sections but most of the race you will be able to ride with a rigid fork.But that person will not be me....

Edited by Wil6

Interesting indeed, I ride all of Tokai up and down incl all singletracks with a rigid fork just fine...might be a nice light, efficient option... will just need some gel gloves and high volume tires for the prolonged period

Don't think the question should be if you can,but for how long will you be able to ride like that comfortably.Over a distance of 230km I would sacrifice weight for comfort any day!

• 2 weeks later...

Point noted. You will definitely notice the difference this year.

Thanks!! Entered last night - cant wait!! Hopefully not the Langs Baviaans again. Want to experience the real thing! See you all there!

Ek wil dit graag doen , ek soek mense wat wil saam ry.

Ek bly in Paarl , my spoed is so medium.

Edited by Bikeman

Ek wil dit graag doen , ek soek mense wat wil saam ry.

Maybe you should be more specific. What kind of time/pace are you hope to ride? Also, where are you based?

Just a question for us from Johaanusbeg ..... about logistics:-

1) What accomodation is needed and where (i.e. night before/ night after perhaps), any suggestions ofr something reasonably priced (nothing fancy needed)

2) Would my son be able to find his way to where needed with a GPS/map for support?

3) How far from Jhb - start and finish back to JHB?

Any other tips/suggestions regarding logistics?

Just hoping others from around here could give some info ;)