ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

I stand to be corrected - passing the 6% credit card fee to the consumer is against the banking act. You can however offer a cash / eft discount.

It may be so but read their reasoning, they are being charged 9% for the on-line transaction. They are being transparent up front. They could have up the fees by another 10% and kept quiet. Rather this way than paying an extra 10%.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We Did a 100 km training ride from Kondomo over Neverender to J-bay and onto Seaview this morning and I have one word of advice: BRING WARM CLOTHES ! - Clear skies and not a breath of wind with a temperature of 2 deg C :eek: at 8:00 Am at the enterance of the kloof.

Yep. Did a very hilly 132km road ride today, down Gamtoos and around to Loerie. It was m0er cold. And I only had short finger gloves...

Quite unfair you guys riding that beautiful route as "training"! They should add some time to your finish time as a "local" penalty!! :devil:

Yep...there is a nip in the air today. Sat in the lounge watching F1..... :thumbup:

I remember when I was helping at Zuurbron I was wearing tracksuit pants under jeans, long sleeved sportsvest, longsleeved jumper from the organizers and a Columbia subzero jacket.....and it was f**king cold :eek:

I suppose it was because I barely moved, cycling might be a different story, but yes....bring some warm clothes, or finish before the sun sets :thumbup:

Edited by DaLoCo

Yep. Did a very hilly 132km road ride today, down Gamtoos and around to Loerie. It was m0er cold. And I only had short finger gloves...

Het jy al n span vir Trans?

Bennie, ek het. Eks in. Het 'n baie sterk teammate. Sub 10 as training reg gaan ek alles op die dag.

Bennie, ek het. Eks in. Het 'n baie sterk teammate. Sub 10 as training reg gaan ek alles op die dag.

Great!

Die R332 is op die oomblik in uitstekende kondisie. Ek reken jy sou die route met meeste gewone karrre nou deurmaak. As dit nie erg reen nie, en as daar n NW wind op die dag is, dink ek die wen tyd sal weer hier by die 8h30 wees. Good luck met julle training.

Weather was extremely cold last year hehe... Was an excellent race though. Make sure you pack dry clothes in your boxes... You have to organise accommodation yourself and you will have to do it soon since Willowmore is quite small... I also hope it is not necessary to do the Langsbaviaans this year hehe... Groot rivier poort is nie jou maat nie!

If you thought last year was cold, I've got news for you. While the start was a bit chilly, the weather was actually quite kind to us. Ask anyone about "The Wet Baviaans" and you'll get an idea how cold, wet, and miserable Baviaans can really be. Be prepared for anything.

I think I prefer Groot Rivier Poort to MAC. I've been reduced to a quivering, walking wreck up MAC several times, and while I did have to purge my stomach contents halfway up Groot Rivier Poort, at least I was able to ride it ;)

The thing I missed was the beauty of the Kloof itself, and the people along the way (just don't ask them for a rugby score - they make it up).

I'm looking for a partner or team for the TB... any takers?

preferably someone who is Cape-based so that we can meet before hand

I'm looking for a partner or team for the TB... any takers?

preferably someone who is Cape-based so that we can meet before hand

Ecobound posted on Facebook yesterday that entries are closed. If you still need to find a partner, you are way behind the schedule.

If you thought last year was cold, I've got news for you. While the start was a bit chilly, the weather was actually quite kind to us. Ask anyone about "The Wet Baviaans" and you'll get an idea how cold, wet, and miserable Baviaans can really be. Be prepared for anything.

I think I prefer Groot Rivier Poort to MAC. I've been reduced to a quivering, walking wreck up MAC several times, and while I did have to purge my stomach contents halfway up Groot Rivier Poort, at least I was able to ride it ;)

The thing I missed was the beauty of the Kloof itself, and the people along the way (just don't ask them for a rugby score - they make it up).

My experience was opposite..... I'd much rather do MAC than Groot Rivier Poort. I guess it depends then on the weather conditions and one's frame of mind at the time ;-)

Only 79 days to go!! not that anyone's counting :)