Giant Anthem warantee

Gromit

I had the same issue but the headset adpter and new bb were small fry compared to the issues other people have just getting the frame guarantee sorted. Be glad Dragon honour these warranties, most of the other guys seem to do everything to avoid replacing the frame!

Because the warrantee is on the technology of the time, if technology changes or market conditions change they cannot be held responsible. Be uber glad they replaced your frame, most of the distrobuters will fight you for months, till you give up and claim from insurance.

If the warrantee is on the technology of the time then they should replace it with a frame from that same "time", or am I missing the logic? If their logistics and business structure does not allow them to keep stock should a warrantee claim be made in the event of a failed product, surely this would not be to the consumers detriment?

You're overthinking it, dude. You got a new, replacement frame. If your frame had been 10 years old, would you have wanted to replace it with another 10 year old frame? I think not...

And yes, think of it as an extremely thorough service.

Not to sure, they gave me one total without itemizing

Post it when you do get it. Have some figures in mind, but want to know if I'm way off.

• 2 months later...

My Anthem X frame cracked this weekend in the 'usual' spot.

The bike is sitting @ the LBS waiting to be evaluated by Dragons.

So I am trying not to think too much about it and trust that the lifetime warranty on the frame is as good as it sounds.

Just as well I am not riding Sani2C this week!

OK, so Dragon sports replaced my frame with a 2012 Anthem X1 frame, fantastic!

Now is the question of the ethics. Correct me if I am wrong, Giant provide the warrantee so as to instill confidence in the consumer of the durability of their product. So their product fails and happily they replace the frame much to my delight. But, and its a big but, the new frame now requires a new headset as the 2012 frames now come standard with a tapered steerer (as mentioned earlier in this thread) it also requires a new bottom bracket as the new frame has a press fit BB. Now all these extra costs plus the cost of re-assembling the bike (a cost I have no issue with) add up to a substantial amount, well for me that is, a total of R1300.

Why is it that I, the consumer should fit this bill? Surely the costs are incurred due to the failure of Giant's product, a product they have provided a warrantee for? I do understand that they are supplying me with a newer frame, but I would have been happier if they replaced it with the exact model I submitted for the warrantee.

Am I missing a bigger picture?

Get what you're saying, but you score more than that on second hand value by getting a current year frame.

OK, so Dragon sports replaced my frame with a 2012 Anthem X1 frame, fantastic! Now is the question of the ethics. Correct me if I am wrong, Giant provide the warrantee so as to instill confidence in the consumer of the durability of their product. So their product fails and happily they replace the frame much to my delight. But, and its a big but, the new frame now requires a new headset as the 2012 frames now come standard with a tapered steerer (as mentioned earlier in this thread) it also requires a new bottom bracket as the new frame has a press fit BB. Now all these extra costs plus the cost of re-assembling the bike (a cost I have no issue with) add up to a substantial amount, well for me that is, a total of R1300. Why is it that I, the consumer should fit this bill? Surely the costs are incurred due to the failure of Giant's product, a product they have provided a warrantee for? I do understand that they are supplying me with a newer frame, but I would have been happier if they replaced it with the exact model I submitted for the warrantee. Am I missing a bigger picture?

Rekon u lucky Dragoonz gave u anything back, & seems like good time to learn how to setup and maintain ur ride :thumbup:

My Anthem X frame cracked this weekend in the 'usual' spot.

The bike is sitting @ the LBS waiting to be evaluated by Dragons.

So I am trying not to think too much about it and trust that the lifetime warranty on the frame is as good as it sounds.

Just as well I am not riding Sani2C this week!

Where's the "usual" spot.Trance have a "usual" too? :mellow:

i also would like to know where is the usual spot? I got a Athem X (2011 ) and is going to **** in my pants if that silver frame crack! :-) From what I understand here, they dont replace the frame with a 2011 frame, but with the 2012 frame? And now that I think about it, can anybody please tell me what the warantee is on these frames (2011 )

The weld between the seatpost downtube and the toptube. i.e. where the toptube thins out.

As far as i know Trance does not have the issue.

Where the top tube meets the seat tube

post-615-0-16196600-1337062838.jpg

post-615-0-87985100-1337062845.jpg

post-615-0-39710600-1337062850.jpg

Where the top tube meets the seat tube

Eish my fuji outland cracked like that once,seems like that would that be a definite warranty replacement seen as those cracks are along the weld ?