Emperors Mountain Bike trail - concrete wall being erected

Backpacker

Although not madly exciting and technical, we use the Emperors mountain bike route at least twice a week for training, Driving past yesterday noticed they are busy erecting a concrete "fence" on the right hand side of the runway.

Not sure if this will be closed to mtb'ers or if they will leave a gap to let us through. Would be a great pity as it is safe, close to home and ideal for a quick morning ride and used by quite a few riders in the area.

Saw that as well, that will really suck if we can't get in. Riding past Serengeti is also getting more difficult with the new school. Really sucks !

Not sure if this will be closed to mtb'ers or if they will leave a gap to let us through.

I'm guessing that, if it's a wall, they're unlikely to leave any gaps that would defeat the object. Their intention is fairly clear.

Wonder how that will affect the emperors mtb race?

Also, the new industrial development on the west side of the R21 opposite the old mx track etc has blocked access to the tunnell under the highway .... less and less riding area!!!!

Surely there is someone out there who can develop a bike park such as Rietvlei or the MTN Fourways park for the East Rand ? I would think it would do quite well.

Just a thought.

Surely there is someone out there who can develop a bike park such as Rietvlei or the MTN Fourways park for the East Rand ? I would think it would do quite well.

Just a thought.

:clap: , well done on being the first to volunteer!

Which farmer are you going to approach first ?

No Farmer required. Rather try Heartland Properties for access to the huge open lands from the Thornhill/Modderfontein area to Midrand,or even better, the abandoned Huddle Park golf courses.

No Farmer required. Rather try Heartland Properties for access to the huge open lands from the Thornhill/Modderfontein area to Midrand,or even better, the abandoned :(Huddle Park golf courses.

:( :( :(

that golf course used to be run by the city council as part of thier parks dept. was a gret golf course. I loved that place, similar to marks park (which I believe has closed their pool cause no money to upgrade)

and heartlan, which is the property arm of the former AECI are making a killing on all the land the AECI owned. Especially here in Somerset West. Their pension fund owns the Mall, and so I doudt it has any problems paying its members. Flip I am getting grumpy. Some changes I just dont like. Capitalist money grabbers

There is a second entrance to that area of the trail. I used it when they putbarbed wire in the entrance. When you are heading up the slight incline parallel to the runway there is a small park in between the houses with a gate. Definitely adds more road to the ride which isn't ideal.

If its not spear palisade fencing or road booms, its razor wire or concrete walls denying us out rituals. Makes one feel like a ripe pimple about to be squeezed.

There is a second entrance to that area of the trail. I used it when they putbarbed wire in the entrance. When you are heading up the slight incline parallel to the runway there is a small park in between the houses with a gate. Definitely adds more road to the ride which isn't ideal.

That entrance has been locked for a while already.

Last time I used that - the one by the slide and swings - the whole fence was falling over and access was simple, but I haven't been there for a while.

:D Get Jimmy to show you how to build a nice little jump and a landing that'll launch you over the wall and to where you want to be, he is the expert at riding a XC bike like a dirtjumper. And he'll dig for a sixpack. :D Edited by DJR