Fly Racing Full Finger Gloves

Hairy

Hi All

I spent a good bit of time trying to find a replacement set of full finger gloves for MTB riding as the Shift brand I used before with great success, is no longer available in SA as I understand it.

There were many a bike shops I visited and many a brand of gloves were tried, but they all fell short on comfort. I like a thin palmed glove as I really hate it when a glove bunches or if there is pressure from gel inserts or any other amazing gizmo the manufacturers are trying to spin.

Sticking to basics I found at Track Mac in Paarden Eiland (A Cape Town motorcycle accessory store) a pair of Fly Racing Full Finger Gloves. These just felt right, were light weight and durable where it would need to be, have interesting graphics. Gloves bought.

After two rides with the gloves I am convinced I have a new favourite and am looking forward to using them on the 24hrs of Oakvalley coming soon.

Price: R219.00

Comfort: A full 5 flaming chillies

Durability: looks promising, but will see how they handle daily use and cleaning. This is made for a dirt bike so it should handle falls well!

Below is a splurb of the make up of the gloves a pic.

• LIGHTWEIGHT, THIN & BREATHABLE - this glove is pure race
  • INTEGRATED FOUR-WAY STRETCH TOP PANELS - allow this glove to be ultra-flexible and comfortable
  • DURABLE SINGLE LAYER TEXTURED PALM - offers great feel on the bars and controls
  • BREATHABLE - perforated palm and light, woven back offers great flow-through ventilation
  • EXPANDING LYCRA® STRETCH CUFF SYSTEM - allows for easy entry and helps minimize bulk

Regards

Hairy

post-5403-0-18706800-1326461099.jpg

Similar o the 661 raja. very breathable as well. Nice and comfy with some protection. had mine for a while now

The THOR flux glove might also be a fit for you with no padding or stiching on the palm.

I tried the Thor, but the junction with my thumb knuckle was not good ... it hurt when flexing the thumb

Similar o the 661 raja. very breathable as well. Nice and comfy with some protection. had mine for a while now

Tried those and they were just too tight for me and I could only find it with mostly white ... not good for dirt. The gloves did seems nice though

• 4 months later...

Ok, six months down the line.

They are still the most comfortable gloves I have ever owned, have seen a couple of hard falls where they have saved skin on my hands, yet they came out fine.

Lets not forget that by now they have at least 6-7 thousand km's in them

:thumbup: Those gloves look shweet hairy.Got some new a*'s this last weekend,dont usually buy them cause they R399.99.Found this last pair for R199.99 @ Fthrottle,super comfy.

post-20718-0-74911200-1339059276.jpg

'spose that makes us even then....... :P

LOL not even close :lol: take giba over k@k throttle anyday.Thought there would be alot of factory shops in deben>?

LOL not even close :lol: take giba over k@k throttle anyday.Thought there would be alot of factory shops in deben>?

If you enjoy spending your down time bobbing around on a piece of foam surrounded by saltwater, sure. Otherwise not so much. Each bike shop (MX) has a range of clothing that they sell at STOOOOPID prices. We used to have Rocksmith Racing that occasionally had a clearance rack with a few bargains. Not sure what happenned to them though. Nothing else as far as I know. Would love to know if there are though!!