The Hub SA Endomondo Challenges

Disylizzy

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting question...

But it is the most km's for any sport whether it's swimming, running, walking the dog, or cycling. But what about the guys that plod along at 10km/h vs. 40km/h.

Trust me if I could do it on time, I'd probably blow everyone away cause I'm so slow! :P

i have noticed the ave speeds on endomondo is not true, something dodge there, unless its showing the ave speed on MPH?

I noticed that on my club rides endomondo takes the overall duration of my ride i.e. it includes my 30-40 minute coffee break before my 10km return home ride. So if you want to make it time based, it suits me just fine. I'll just push the coffee break to an hour plus. :P

But what about the guys that plod along at 10km/h vs. 40km/h.

My point exactly - but only when comparing different sports. I did 330km in 24hrs on a mountain bike, which I can do in 9 hours on a road bike (or six hours on the rollers). Overall should be about time spent exercising, in any form, and the only way to compare is to use a common unit.

The Overall challenge is the only challenge where people who do different sports can be competitive. I'll never be able to compete with the guys who do just one sport as I split my time up into several sports.

Just saying.

Thanks DisyLizzy - I think this makes it more of a challenge, the big winners both being mountain bikers. And it's good to see new faces on the board as well.

(Didn't help my cause at all, but closed the gap to CVANC a little)

Don't thank me yet, I changed it back to KM's. I was just curious as to what the difference is.

What I can do is at the end of the challenge or end of each month see who's been working out the most.

Thanks DisyLizzy - I think this makes it more of a challenge, the big winners both being mountain bikers. And it's good to see new faces on the board as well.

(Didn't help my cause at all, but closed the gap to CVANC a little)

Only 35hrs training you need to do, you can do it!

OK mense hoop dit gaan goed hier

Believe I cause some consternation with my trek across the globe a couple of Sundays back. Was actually just a gentle trek around the cradle, but the Garmin was literally on the other side of the world. I have removed that file since, trust your rankings to look a bit different now

Only 35hrs training you need to do, you can do it!

But I am busy peaking for Fun Ride World Champs - perhaps next month when I have a free weekend ;)