Another attack at kayamandi

raptor

i see in the argus that there was another attempt by 3 youth to bikejack a cyclist outside kayamandi yesterday, but motorist came to his help. i think its time we go in there and take some bikes back

Edited by raptor

do you guys think the bottelary trails are safe?

The questions should be....for how long will it be safe.

Raptor, lets set up a army and we go in there

It is now nearly a year since we have opened the Bottelary Trails and we haven't had any incidents - hopefully this will stay so. There are a lot of farming activities on all the farms that the trails cross, so any dodgy characters will be spotted quickly. There is also a full time ADT patrol patrolling the farms.

I rode there recently and had no issues, didn't notice any skelms as it is a working farm. I was also by myself

The questions should be....for how long will it be safe.

Raptor, lets set up a army and we go in there

i am in for this army as some or other person relieved me of my credit card in beirut while i was in hermanus saturday.i am just itching for a fight.

i am in for this army as some or other person relieved me of my credit card in beirut while i was in hermanus saturday.i am just itching for a fight.

I'll join just for the fight........ ask 'Dale, I am a menace on my bike! LOL :ph34r:

last time everybody was up in arms, I contacted the ward councillor for security in Stellenbosch and neither he, nor the local police station were aware of the attacks. While it is exciting to put together a lynch mob and publicise these incidents, please also give the local authorities a chance to take action.

Crap - that stinks. Training is hard enough without bandits trying to rob you. Anyone ever had bad incidents on the R44 past Cloetesville. I generall ride out of Stellenbosch that way. No incidents yet, but always a little nervous when I'm riding solo.

Crap - that stinks. Training is hard enough without bandits trying to rob you. Anyone ever had bad incidents on the R44 past Cloetesville. I generall ride out of Stellenbosch that way. No incidents yet, but always a little nervous when I'm riding solo.

I have heard of an incident past there a year or two ago - going past Kaymandi is just too risky. Last year (or the year before), I went solo past there and not more than 5 min after I went through there, two guys were attacked - the attacker put something into the guys wheel and he came off. Cars started to approach and the guys disappeared into the bushes.

My only advise is to ride when the roads are busy - less chance to become a victim.

i see in the argus that there was another attempt by 3 youth to bikejack a cyclist outside kayamandi yesterday, but motorist came to his help. i think its time we go in there and take some bikes back

:thumbup: