Doesnt make sense or rands

Stevief

i don't have to back up anything, i know that i'm telling the truth and that's good enough for me.

so we must all believe you because YOU say its the truth ?

sorry, but without proper fact and figures I will take your statement with a kg of salt.

I'm sure you friend makes money from it, but unless she is well supported by someone I dont see one race covering her for a full year.

but on the topic, I'd like to see figures being made available for the larger races, like what % goes to the so called charity, and what percentages go to the race. I have no problem with the organises earning something from it, but would just like to know what goes where.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP does have a point. I call it stage race fever.

A one day race costs max R200 - somehow when you turn that into 3 consecutive one day races and add the label "stage race" the fee goes up to >R1,000 per day. See? Stage race fever.

For the cost of most stage races you could do a one day race, hang out in a 4/5 star hotel and eat in lovely hotels every day - instead for the same cash you get to race, stay in a tent and eat buffet food.

The olde principle of supply and demand - stage races are in demand so the price ratchets up insanely. Economics 101.

Me - I'm done with stage racing. I prefer to find a nice one dayer in a nice town and spend the weekend there. A tourist in my own country whilst doing my favourite sport. Awesome.

The OP does have a point. I call it stage race fever.

A one day race costs max R200 - somehow when you turn that into 3 consecutive one day races and add the label "stage race" the fee goes up to >R1,000 per day. See? Stage race fever.

For the cost of most stage races you could do a one day race, hang out in a 4/5 star hotel and eat in lovely hotels every day - instead for the same cash you get to race, stay in a tent and eat buffet food.

The olde principle of supply and demand - stage races are in demand so the price ratchets up insanely. Economics 101.

Me - I'm done with stage racing. I prefer to find a nice one dayer in a nice town and spend the weekend there. A tourist in my own country whilst doing my favourite sport. Awesome.

You keen for the East Rand Odyssey I'm launching next year? Takes in the rugged and wild of the East. You can stay at the Formula 1 on Bunyan, Chimes, Rex, etc.

You keen for the East Rand Odyssey I'm launching next year? Takes in the rugged and wild of the East. You can stay at the Formula 1 on Bunyan, Chimes, Rex, etc.

Do the 'ERO? Sure frikkin sure.

Mine dumps and hotels that are dumps are two of my favourite things!

It costs about R15000 to hold a dh race here in cape town. That covers medics( R350 per hour!) Toilets, shuttles, timing, setting up the course and clearing it after, etc etc. At R250 per entry X 60 riders you only break even.

but DH'ers do it for the love of the sport, if it was a stage-DH-race over three days you could charge R2450 per entry and get rich!

(and people would pay it)

but DH'ers do it for the love of the sport, if it was a stage-DH-race over three days you could charge R2450 per entry and get rich!

(and people would pay it)

Stage downhill racing ?

You are living in a dream world tjom.

Stage downhill racing ?

Walk, ride, walk, ride, walk, walk and walk some more then ride again. Sounds like some of the 1 day races

My word, why didn't I think of hosting a race!!?? I could be pimping it with my homies in my yacht in the Caribbean after one single race for the year! Drinking champagne, chowing oysters, having caviar. I have decided to immediately resign my low-paying attorney's job and organise that one race, the 'silver bullet race'. Guys, you've all missed the boat, but there's the yacht! We could even have skills clinics and get those okes to bunny hop over the side into the ocean. We won't miss them. Who's in? Just a bit of a problem organising it, but hey, after the race is done, the millions are in the bank who cares, right?

Stage downhill racing ?

Huh? Of course people will pay, Kamakastig says so (and he's the boychie!).

Tintin, cool idea. You can be like Vuyo, he got there selling boerewors rolls.

Thanks! Wanna take part in my race that's gonna make me millions? Special 'early bird entrance fee'...one day only. I've just taken a big fat dump on my director's desk and proclaimed "Why make hundreds when you can make MILLIONS!". Soon my precious, you will be mine! Who needs a job when you can organise races?