And I thought RSA was the sole employer of idiots...

Mojoman

And I was wrong, it looks like the Mineworkers Pension Scheme in the UK has more than its fair share of morons.

My dad has not had his pension for 2 months now.They were supposed to send something through for him to complete and send back, now get this, they can't email it, they can't fax it, only post it. He can't email it back nor fax it back, has to be posted, what a retarded system in 2012 for the pommies. Their answer to why they can't send it via email is due to security, but its OK to send to a PO box in South Africa? 2 Weeks and he is still to receive the document. They can't even let me know if its been posted yet, no wonder the UK is in the state its in!

Just wait till he harps on about going back to the UK, wil remind him of this and what he can look forward to!

Rant over now.

Is it a UK based fund Mojoman, or is it a local fund.?

Just interested to know as my wife looks after the legal affairs of a lady whose husband passed away a few years ago, at the time he was employed by a large SA government organisation.

Her kids live in the UK and Germany so she didnt want to live here on her own and went to live with her son in Germany. For the first two years her pension was paid into her account locally no problem, then suddenly it stopped, my wife contacted the relevant dept. and was told due to fraud, she (the beneficiary) has to present herself at the pension dept so that they can physically see she is alive and kicking.

My wife tried every legal avenue to avoid her having to fly out short of going to court, but in the end at 81 years old she just had to fly out and present herself at the pension office, it took exactly 2 minutes to sign a document and all was again in order.................for another year, as she was advised she has to present herself annually at the office to ensure she continues to receive her pension. :huh:

My wife has power of attorney, signs all her documents locally, deals with her bank accounts, pays her bills locally everything, but they refused to accept any proof she was still alive, except to see her physically..........go figure.!

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

How about sending a pic with the newspaper of the day .. sort of "hostage stye" pics ...

If that fails I am surprised a sworn statement taken by the police would not suffice or even the Brit Embassy stating the same.

How about sending a pic with the newspaper of the day .. sort of "hostage stye" pics ...

If that fails I am surprised a sworn statement taken by the police would not suffice or even the Brit Embassy stating the same.

Ha,Ha, Naa, Hairy, they dont know what she looks like, so it could be anyone in the pic.

Same with the statement, my wife gave them all the documents, active bank accounts, house still in her name etc PLUS a letter from the legal firm - they would not accept it.

Try calling the SARS E filing not-so-hotline. It never works! No email to send queries to, the only alternative is to go and stand in the queue with the other cattle at SARS. Orginisations that doesn't allow you to communicate to them in the medium you prefer will be extinct in the near future (or agencies will end up being the interface inbetween them and the end user)

i have been having the same type of problem with National Consumer Council, all e-mails bounce back recipients box is full etc....numbers listed don't answer or don't work,

How is the consumer supposed to get help?

Ha,Ha, Naa, Hairy, they dont know what she looks like, so it could be anyone in the pic.

But GOG, in that case, it could be anyone flying over to the UK...since they don't know what she looks like.

But GOG, in that case, it could be anyone flying over to the UK...since they don't know what she looks like.

Ha,Ha, you mean flying from the UK to here. Naa I should have said she still needed her identity documents, passport, etc which she did. Look I understand the issue, fraud in the government pension fund is rife, but I would have expected there were other ways to do it than insisting she appear personally,...........although the bank's are just as difficult so its not unique.

Its a UK based scheme.

...and he collects locally I guess.?

Maybe much the same issue, verification etc, its a real bug bear when you are dealing with foreign based issues.

i have been having the same type of problem with National Consumer Council, all e-mails bounce back recipients box is full etc....numbers listed don't answer or don't work,

How is the consumer supposed to get help?

There was a talk on the radio the other day about the Consumer council, I didnt really listen very well but they did give out numbers etc, it was on 702, can you not get the podcast on the web.? (Not that I have a clue in hell what a podcast is), but they are always boasting about their shows been available on podcasts on their website, so I am just sort of regurgitating their suggestions.

Ha,Ha, you mean flying from the UK to here. Naa I should have said she still needed her identity documents, passport, etc which she did. Look I understand the issue, fraud in the government pension fund is rife, but I would have expected there were other ways to do it than insisting she appear personally,...........although the bank's are just as difficult so its not unique.

You would think that an embassy could handle this for these cases.wonder if they make tony leon fly back each year?

You would think that an embassy could handle this for these cases.wonder if they make tony leon fly back each year?

Yeah, true in a perfect world I guess they could......but......yeah, there you go!.

We've had similar hassles with UK banking accounts. Ignoring FICA, which is not of our bank's making, I think our banks run rings around the main consumer banks in the UK

There was a talk on the radio the other day about the Consumer council, I didnt really listen very well but they did give out numbers etc, it was on 702, can you not get the podcast on the web.? (Not that I have a clue in hell what a podcast is), but they are always boasting about their shows been available on podcasts on their website, so I am just sort of regurgitating their suggestions.

Thank you, i tried the online form submitting option, i got a email reply saying someone will contact me within the next 24 decades, ill be patient, i'm sure they very busy doing nothing,