Tennis...

'Dale

Tennis is one of few sports where you can't coast, even if you are way ahead. The match isn't over till the final point is done.

Nadal can still easily lose it from here.

Well wouldn't say easily ..anything can happen.but it would be very difficult now to come from 2 sets down in Nadal's House no less

Next couple of games will give us an idea..

Edited by Gen

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there would be hours of tennis to watch after the giro. I've missed almost 2 sets!

(Hopefully theres some fight left in Djoko, even though I really dislike him, this is an awful way to go)

Lol

Yoh I've sat through some Epic Nadal battles...I'd prefer not to[emoji1787]

I don't mind if Nadal wipes the floor with Novak. not one bit..

But yeah its not over till the last point is won.

Edited by Gen

And there's the break..gotta consolidate that break with an easy service hold.

Fun fact

Did you know when Nadal wins the coin toss he almost always lets his opponent serve first.. did you know why..this comes from his younger years..he will tire the opponent out during his service game that the opponent has to serve directly after his serve and not get the rest during changeover.

Wonder if Goran Ivanisevic is enjoying his humble pie..

Before the game he said Nadal had no chance..I get that as a coach you pump up your player's confidence but that was just idiotic.

"Nadal has no chance in these conditions, on this clay and with Novak, who has got into his head"

Rafael Nadal today: 6-0, 6-2, 7-5 to win Roland Garros for the 13th time.

Edited by Gen

Yip as I said, Nadal was the man I had my money on before the game even started.  I am personally not the biggest Nadal fan but he is simply is king at Rolland Garos.  Of his 20 grand slam titles, 13 are at Rolland Garros.  That is 65% on clay.

I quite like the commentry we get here in Germany on Europsport which is none other than Borris Becker.  As he said, Nadal plays in his own world and only he knows how to play in his world.  No-one else knows.  Djoko was not playing bad at all.  As Borris said, Djoko still managed to return on Nadals server where nobody else in the tournament really managed that.  The scoreboard also did not reflect Djokos effort.  But Nadal just upped his game where nobody could challange him.  I mean only 4 unforced errors towards the end of the second set for Nadal in two sets. It was absolute brilliant tennis and I just sat in amazement last night watching.