I'm tired...

wesley_r

...of not getting what I want, and I really don't want to go the CRC route, but that might be the only solution...

I know. it's a pathetic rant. I apologise. I'm just dismally frustrated, and wondering if I'm the only one? :cursing:

Edited by the_wes

the blue bandit would be going so much better if I could find the right bars for it :ph34r:

CRC is not always cheaper, but I might just do that.

Old Holzfellers. The 20mm rise and 780mm width on the BooBar was too wide and low. LBS didn't listen properly, and cut my steerer shorter than I asked them to - so I can't simply move my stem up, I have to switch bars if I want more height - so I switched to old Holzfellers I have. 30mm rise, 710mm width. Rise is perfect, I want a little more width, so I am looking for the new 730mm Holzfeller or the 740mm BooBar, but with a 30mm rise. Apparently 6 weeks until new stock arrives, and I don't know if that will include those.

On the other front, I am still waiting for my new helmet (since I dinged mine up pretty bad).

And then for bonus points try and find a short sleeve cycling jersey that's NOT skin tight.

*sigh* I love South Africa, I really do, but the industry has to catch a wake up. We're not all narrow bar riding, clipless pedalling, skin suit rocking race snakes...

Edited by the_wes

Dude, I hear ya on the skintight thing.

One thing I found is that my NFL jersey actually works pretty well as a riding jersey. Short sleeved, breathable, and tough as nails. Might be worth looking into that, or an Ice-Hockey jersey for you, mate... They come in kiff colours as well...

on the bar side of things...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55478

or these, in the white / blue would look pretty schnazzy on your rig...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=69200

@CPT - NFL jersey? keep it real bro, I'm watching you. O, and if I go CRC - 5 words: SPANK SUBROSA EVO 747 GREY :)

problem with cutting the boobar down is that the bulge limits how far you can move your shifters and brakes in :/

@dean, the rush sports site doesn't specify whether it's 20mm or 30mm rise, but AFAIK they don't have the 30mm in stock. They also list the new Holzfeller on their site, but AFAIK they don't have those in stock either. I'll drop them a mail anyways

squirrel: Renthal fatboys. Stupendously stiff and more than enough space for control cluster shuffling. Did I mention Ultra stiff? you gonna love it.

I'm tired too, but maybe it's because I got what I wanted :clap:

So did I, chicken soup loaded with chilli. Helps, but doesn't make up for not sleeping last night.