Hermanus cycles bike Wash at L2L

Beerboy

To all the sheep counters and penny counters that commented above, please stick to what you do best(counting sheep or counting penny's) because where would you find that a shop owner would wash bikes for ten hours without rest, give expert advise and do emergency repairs for free ????????????

Just because some people think that if they can afford a top of the range MTB that it would be self maintained ? Wrong again?????????

It is usually these sorry asses that are always looking for someone else to blame instead of keeping their mouth shut and paying for good services rendered.

When last have you been to a dentist ???????????? Oops, hope no one above is offended by that !

I am very confident to say that we were very fortunate to have the services there of someone who i think, surely is the best mechanic in the country!

Most of the other riders got attention to their bikes which i was willing to pay at least R200. So at R100 i think you got a very good deal.

Hope to see this service there next year as this race will be well attended once again !

Are those your gumboots I found in the kraal? Boet?

Your china at the bike shop could simply have stated something along the lines of "The R100 fee was not simply for a wash. It was for a "quick once over" and would have included a minor amount of tweaking to check that each bike was good to go.

Situation explained and diffused.

I for one would have expected something like that.

Anyway, it would appear that I've been advertising the shop for some time now.

...and yes, that is a 2007 Peace 9r.

post-7427-0-72836700-1329322146.jpg

20niner, thanks for letting me use ur 10 hex allen key to tighten my crank arm. not all of us carry that and its not standard size on a multi tool!!! Much appreciated!!!

Dam.

Guys, go back to University and take a course by the name of 'economics'.

If the demand outweighed the supply which is seems it did then the price was justifiable.

Go ride your bikes and stop complaining, there's more to life than being an old moaning fart.

Edited by PA HIRE

Dam.

Guys, go back to University and take a course by the name of 'economics'.

If the demand outweighed the supply which is seems it did then the price was justifiable.

Go ride your bikes and stop complaining, there's more to life than being an old moaning fart.

Guy, go back to University and take a course by the name of 'marketing' or 'public relations'.

A few years ago Cyclelab hijacked the bike wash at Sani2C and started charging riders for a facility that was supposed to be for free. This caused such a stink-up that it prompted Farmer Glen to personally intervene in the matter.

If the orginisers make you ride through sea water on a race, they should at least provide a washing bay at the finish area. Build it into the price if you must. The word I got was that many riders would have washed their own bikes at the camp site, but there was no hose / bucket to do this with. Hermanus cycles can redeem themselves by posting a copy of the R7 200 cheque or a copy of the receipt from Gansbaai Lions for this amount. Otherwise riders will think the worst.

It was also not Hermanus cycles responsibilty to sweep the route. It was the orginisers responsibility to provide sweeper and medical services.

It was a great event and if Hermanus cycles wish to prove their good intentions, I may use them on my next stop in the area, otherwise I'll go to that shop that stocks the Specialized bikes instead (Euodia Cycles?).

Agree. My bike wasn't really dirty, but I just would have liked to rinse the seawater and seasand of off the drive-train without having to pay R50. If the organisers could just supply a hose next year I think most people will be happy.

If you want a thorough cleaning with a "minor" service then use the bikewash facility, but don't force every participant to use it if all they want to do is prevent their bike from crumbling into a heap of rust on day 2.

Guy, go back to University and take a course by the name of 'marketing' or 'public relations'.

Yes his response was not great and maybe the lbs owner should go on a marketing course but why must people complain about every silly little thing?

Yes his response was not great and maybe the lbs owner should go on a marketing course but why must people complain about every silly little thing?

That was actually directed at you.

Now, let me see.......

R100 x 72 bikes = R7200 for (let's say) 8? hours of work. That's R900 per hour for unskilled labour, without much in terms of overheads (soap, water, that dangerous power washer). Not too bad, methinks. I might try to talk one of my kids into the bike washing business after all. University? Pfffft! ;)