Rugby...

'Dale

Asking a Bok to pass is like asking Queen Elizabeth to fart.

Give a Bok a ball, and you will get one of two reactions:

1. He will try to run over the biggest bloke he can see

or

2. He will kick the ball a mile into the air.

Edited by Moridin

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Breakdown show in NZ spoke to Stransky this week about the performance of the Bokke (against Italy), and he was quite honest (brutal) in his discussions with their panel. It also included the way forward.

He reckons the players aren't as talented as everyone gives them credit for, but if it's due to the way AC is trying to coach them, then it makes sense. The game plan, or lack of it has nothing to do with ball handling, tackling, basic skills, etc. The players need to take responsibility for their poor (individual) performances too.

SARU are just as guilty for this mess - chasing the money and to hell with the pride of playing in a Springbok jersey. He mentioned the "President's Council", which I'm assuming is made up of the provincial unions - need to do some searching to find out more.

There's a leadership problem, with lack of support for the coach and the captain (who announced he would be retiring - why say that before the end of the year? and why not groom someone to take over?).

The Breakdown show in NZ spoke to Stransky this week about the performance of the Bokke (against Italy), and he was quite honest (brutal) in his discussions with their panel. It also included the way forward.

He reckons the players aren't as talented as everyone gives them credit for, but if it's due to the way AC is trying to coach them, then it makes sense. The game plan, or lack of it has nothing to do with ball handling, tackling, basic skills, etc. The players need to take responsibility for their poor (individual) performances too.

SARU are just as guilty for this mess - chasing the money and to hell with the pride of playing in a Springbok jersey. He mentioned the "President's Council", which I'm assuming is made up of the provincial unions - need to do some searching to find out more.

There's a leadership problem, with lack of support for the coach and the captain (who announced he would be retiring - why say that before the end of the year? and why not groom someone to take over?).

Yes, there's something wrong in the House of Rugby

Of course, the coach can easily be scape-goated

Nick Mallet also says that the quality of Bok rugby is reflected in the overall failure of the franchises in the Super Rugby campaign, for example.

The overall standard of ruggers is down.

Ai

Yes, there's something wrong in the House of Rugby

Of course, the coach can easily be scape-goated

Nick Mallet also says that the quality of Bok rugby is reflected in the overall failure of the franchises in the Super Rugby campaign, for example.

The overall standard of ruggers is down.

Ai

Sad day, indeed.