Cape Pioneer Trek 2012 Route

GLuvsMtb

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, any new takers for Cape Pioneer? About a month to go! Training is going a lot better, so really looking forward to this.

I'm doing it solo and really looking forward to it. The route looks great.

Time to up the training a notch!

I'm doing it solo and really looking forward to it. The route looks great.

Time to up the training a notch!

Heading out to Breedt's early tomorrow morning for some proper climbing. Hope the weather's not too k@k.

After that, gonna be reducing the volumes and going for shorter, faster rides.

Can't wait for this race.

I still need to do a few long rides, but there are a few weeks left for that. The long weekend in the Cederberg will be a huge riding weekend and then easier from there.

Decided to jump on the Pioneer wagon at short notice and will ride it. I am thinking of bringing along my wife to do the massage. Anyone out there still wanting to book massages? Let me know.

Hi guys (and gals), I'll will be seeing you out there. Also doing it solo (@musashi). Still doing a few road races up here in Gauteng (Auto Alpina and Race for Victory) plus few longer MTB rides and topping off the training with the Isuzu 3 Towers 3 day stage race at Mankele the weekend prior to the CPT. Looking forward to some awesome riding and trails....together with awesome race villages and atmosphere!! :thumbup:

Hi guys (and gals), I'll will be seeing you out there. Also doing it solo (@musashi). Still doing a few road races up here in Gauteng (Auto Alpina and Race for Victory) plus few longer MTB rides and topping off the training with the Isuzu 3 Towers 3 day stage race at Mankele the weekend prior to the CPT. Looking forward to some awesome riding and trails....together with awesome race villages and atmosphere!! :thumbup:

How did you Auto Alpina go? I also used this race for CPT training.

Did you do the Auto Alpina MTB race too?

Edited by Underachiever

Joh, that's pretty brave! I briefly (<1s) considered doing 3 Towers as I have done 2 already. But it's the weekend before - aren't you worried about putting too many k's in the legs?

Cool that you're doing CPT - see you there.

@underachiever....2h43 for Auto Alpina.....nope couldn't do MTB, was in Cape over that weekend.

@G-unit....going to take 3 Towers very rustig!!! too lekka not to do.....

@underachiever....2h43 for Auto Alpina.....nope couldn't do MTB, was in Cape over that weekend.

@G-unit....going to take 3 Towers very rustig!!! too lekka not to do.....

Sjoe, klink my oom is viks! Geniet 3T, wens ek was so braaf.

Sjoe, klink my oom is viks! Geniet 3T, wens ek was so braaf.

1st time I've called a "oom" on this site..... :eek: .... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ...guess, that's what you have to settle for once you go over 40.... :devil:

Decided to jump on the Pioneer wagon at short notice and will ride it. I am thinking of bringing along my wife to do the massage. Anyone out there still wanting to book massages? Let me know.

I might be interested .Haven,t booked anything ,but will probably need some .Doing solo so wont have shoulder to cry on or drag me up a hill

1st time I've called a "oom" on this site..... :eek: .... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ...guess, that's what you have to settle for once you go over 40.... :devil:

That was probably a bit cheeky of me, since I'm 36... :blush:

This year it will be the first time I will not be riding the CPT since it started in 2009 :)

I still think it's one of the best organized stage races in South Africa that just puts a smile on your face every single day of the trek!

Every day is a challenge, but it's very rewarding after riding over that finish line and realizing you went through hell and back a few times in your mind. The beautiful scenery also makes up for k@king bricks on some forgotten routes I call gems of the Klein Karoo.

Enjoy!

This year it will be the first time I will not be riding the CPT since it started in 2009 :)

I still think it's one of the best organized stage races in South Africa that just puts a smile on your face every single day of the trek!

Every day is a challenge, but it's very rewarding after riding over that finish line and realizing you went through hell and back a few times in your mind. The beautiful scenery also makes up for k@king bricks on some forgotten routes I call gems of the Klein Karoo.

Enjoy!

Why you not doing it?