[Event] Bay City Cycle Tour Funride & League Event

'Dale

Very sneaky indeed. It was rather pedestrian when we chatted, and you were complaining about not being fast or strong. Pfft! 40kms off the front on your own just proves you wrong!

60km's ;) but honestly, nowhere as strong as I used to be.

Wait - were you the dude who, when I said those deep sections are no use in the bunch and that you should be off the front, replied that you are unfit? ........ and then proceeded later to sprint up Slangkop like a deamon...

Just trying to put a name to a face - I assume you are the guy leading the Endomondo challenge.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that often.

Stealth mode commentary:

"I trained yesterday. Dunno how it's gonna go today..."

OR

"Shucks, haven't trained all week. Hope I can hang on..."

:ph34r:

D-E bunch went super slow!

I would say half the guys that beat me...... the other half were the ones that sat in the bunch (like I should have) and conserved their energy for Ou Kaaps <_<

oh, here we go...

Say it x 10, Tiny K.

"I love wheelsuckers. I love wheelsuckers..."

Just trying to put a name to a face - I assume you are the guy leading the Endomondo challenge.

Looking at the initials, it can only be him. Crazy kilometers done already.

Wait - were you the dude who, when I said those deep sections are no use in the bunch and that you should be off the front, replied that you are unfit? ........ and then proceeded later to sprint up Slangkop like a deamon...

No - we've never talked before. I broke away on the section between Fish Hoek and Simon's town. I ride with one Zipp wheel at the back (I've never been able to afford the front). I am the one leading the Endomondo road challenge currently.

D-E bunch went super slow!

You guys missed me probably hahaha, i wish!!!

Might of probably crashed again!

I rode against the bay city race, as in the other direction, got the SV's at the start of OKW, saw then the rest of the race, spotted you 'Dale but you were too focused at that stage, saw the leading *'s bunch too. Saw my brother and friends, was a nice feeling but sad not to be in the race

I rode against the bay city race, as in the other direction, got the SV's at the start of OKW, saw then the rest of the race, spotted you 'Dale but you were too focused at that stage, saw the leading *'s bunch too. Saw my brother and friends, was a nice feeling but sad not to be in the race

Glad you are back on the road again. All healed up?

Damn, Meezo, did not see you at all, man.

You should have made a U turn and helped the highly tactical, but slow, D-E bunch along...

Just 10 minutes of red-zone from the Raleigh, eh?

Sub 4:00 would be good goal for you, considering yesterday's form.

Maybe 4:15.

Rough guess.

Great climb indeed! I am definitely driving out to train there in future. I was warned about that final kick in gradient, but it still took me by surprise. Kept singing to myself and trying to concentrate on maintaining a rhythm; anything to distract from how tough it was for me to get up. I remember at one stage I asked the cyclist ahead of me how many turns were left and he said two. Didn't know whether to be relieved or not :eek:

I am hoping to do a sub 4 come Argus yes, even if only just.

No - we've never talked before. I broke away on the section between Fish Hoek and Simon's town. I ride with one Zipp wheel at the back (I've never been able to afford the front). I am the one leading the Endomondo road challenge currently.

I thought we caught you going into Simons Town?! I was the 'big' guy in the Green and black /dark blue William's Bike shop jersey. Pearl red, white and carbon CIOCC.

Saw you go off, The guy in Complete Cyclist kit gave chase and I followed past him to, what I though, was your wheel.......

oh, here we go...

Say it x 10, Tiny K.

"I love wheelsuckers. I love wheelsuckers..."

I refuse to engage in such discussions as it will lead me to being flamed by those who practice this deceptive art <_< ;)

Some call it 'tactics' but we aren't riding Pro or in teams so we are 'each for ourselves'. Riding the bunch and helping at the front is part and parcel of riding alphabet soup. Those who wheelsuck 99% of the way and then amazingly develop sprinting legs for the finish are to be despised and disposed of off the back of the bunch. There is my R10 (that is my sidewall repair patch in my riding kit). Off to work again -_-

I thought we caught you going into Simons Town?! I was the 'big' guy in the Green and black /dark blue William's Bike shop jersey. Pearl red, white and carbon CIOCC.

Saw you go off, The guy in Complete Cyclist kit gave chase and I followed past him to, what I though, was your wheel.......

No, I wasn't caught. I was suprised that no one was behind me since I moved off the front of the bunch very slowly and kept it slow for a few more meters before increasing the pace.

I refuse to engage in such discussions as it will lead me to being flamed by those who practice this deceptive art <_< ;)

Some call it 'tactics' but we aren't riding Pro or in teams so we are 'each for ourselves'. Riding the bunch and helping at the front is part and parcel of riding alphabet soup. Those who wheelsuck 99% of the way and then amazingly develop sprinting legs for the finish are to be despised and disposed of off the back of the bunch. There is my R10 (that is my sidewall repair patch in my riding kit). Off to work again -_-

Uhm, you just DID engage in discussion.

See 2nd paragraph of article ...

*from your agent*

Great climb indeed! I am definitely driving out to train there in future. I was warned about that final kick in gradient, but it still took me by surprise. Kept singing to myself and trying to concentrate on maintaining a rhythm; anything to distract from how tough it was for me to get up. I remember at one stage I asked the cyclist ahead of me how many turns were left and he said two. Didn't know whether to be relieved or not :eek:

I am hoping to do a sub 4 come Argus yes, even if only just.

That would be a good stretch goal for you!

4 hrs.

Good luck!

The thing about OKW is all that windy blind corners.

Helz has the same and after a few repeats on it, one can forecast the end of pain...