All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me how I can determine the stack height of a colnago master frame? They don’t publish this measurement and I can’t find it on google.

If you are referring to the standover height, while the frame has its wheels on, measure from the top of the top tube to the floor. Stack height normally refers to the headset

“Stack” is the vertical distance, in centimeters, from the center of the frame's bottom bracket/crank to the top middle point of the head tube (where the fork passes through the frame). “Reach” is the horizontal distance from the center of the bottom bracket/crank to the top middle point of the head tube.

Easiest way to measure stack height is to take the vertical measurement from the top of the head tube to the floor (with wheels attached to frame) and then the vertical measurement from the middle of BB to the floor. Deduct the BB figure from the HS figure to get the stack height. Reach is taken laterally from middle of stem and steerer tube to outer edge of the rear wheel (place the bike against a wall).

Yes, agree. The Master is after all still a square frame.

Cameron tell us what size frame you are wanting to determine stack height and I am sure one of the owners will oblige with a measurement for you.

Yes, agree. The Master is after all still a square frame.

Cameron tell us what size frame you are wanting to determine stack height and I am sure one of the owners will oblige with a measurement for you.

Shouldn't be a problem seeing as most of us own a few 

Question for the knowledgeable, Alu or steel frame?

Never owned one, have a Litespeed Titanium, have a carbon race bike, considering getting a steel Colnago, but have seen quite a few Alu frames.

So curious to see benefits of owning an Alu frame rather than a steel..... if any!!

Preference is the older steel frame, either Super, Mexico or Master :)