Upgrading Road Bike?

TricycleRacer

Go second hand!!!

If not then the scott addict's are really good and not expensive (carbon frame). Check out crown cycles. They have the addict's for sale at a very good price. Light frame and good components.

If you can't afford it wait a year as tiagra, sora etc aren't that great. Shimano 105 is excellent as well as the sram products and are relatively cheap.

Good luck.

PS: I personally wouldn't suggest any of the above bikes you listed as soon you will be upgrading components etc.

for R2000 more you can get the Cannondale Caad 8 with a 105 groupset and better wheels, I think that is a better deal....phone around, somewhere you will find a good deal ;)

for R2000 more you can get the Cannondale Caad 8 with a 105 groupset and better wheels, I think that is a better deal....phone around, somewhere you will find a good deal ;)

From CWC for R11 000 and they have stock.

Now that's an extremely light frame but I would still suggest going second hand.

From CWC for R11 000 and they have stock.

Now that's an extremely light frame but I would still suggest going second hand.

Personally if large amounts of money is spent I won't go second hand...but that is just me...no one wants issues with warrantee claims, etc.

yes the bikes above are not the best here, but if your budget only allows you so much and u can get a new bike then I'll go new, to avoid warranty issues etc etc.

Silverback strela concept got it for R12500 will just upgrade wheels, (my own branding)

Tricycle, u found a roadbike already, what is your budget? Speak to Chris @Cycle factory he's giving me a good deal on a Strela concept carbon with 105

i'm looking to spend between R7500.00 and R8500.00. CycleFactory has a Merida Race 903.....but I will have to pop in there and see what else they can offer me.

what kind of deal are they offering you and what setup?

Merida and Cannondale both good frames, I would add a Giant in the mix always good value for money . TCR composite 3 with 105/tiagra components or a TCR 1 with full 105 groupset. At the end of the day you will be riding it so go with what feels right and appeals looks wise. You wont know how she feels till you take her for a spin

Noted!!....the Merida I had a look at (white frame with green) looks great. I will be popping in at CWC and the CycleFactory and see what they can offer me. My heart isn't set on the Merida but the Cannondale looks like a good deal too from CWC.

I will definately take it for a spin too...in the interim i will have to try and get rid of my current bike too.

Thanks for the replies.

How to Upgrade: Roadbike

Step 1: Sell road bike

Step 2: Buy mountainbike with atleast 6" of travel, or slopestyle/jump bike.

Step 3: Smile while you ride (now possible because you're actually enjoying it).

How to Upgrade: Roadbike

Step 1: Sell road bike

Step 2: Buy mountainbike with atleast 6" of travel, or slopestyle/jump bike.

Step 3: Smile while you ride (now possible because you're actually enjoying it).

Sneaky!

I nearly followed those steps.

Close call!