650b rims on a trek fuel

madvics

hey guys can i fit 650b rims on my trek, how do i workout if it will clear, and if need be what do i need to change.

post-27772-0-99175600-1330097768.jpg

Lets see a pic of the bakkie :thumbup: . Try getting a hold of the Stans agents in SA they have rims at the moment, you will need to measaure the bike to see if you have the clearence for them first.

What are you looking to do here. Do you maybe mean 650c? So you want to put road wheels on your Dual for something? If so you can use normal 700c road wheels. they will work. You need to build them up with MTB hubs so you can use your disc and then just put 23c tyres on. Should work as the 700c is smaller than 29er and only slighlty bigger than your 26"

I was on the web today looking at different size rim options for mtbs , the 650b rim is in between a 26inch and a 29r and apparently they fit on 26 inch bikes maybe with a fork change, I'm looking at what options I have at upgrading my bike,so it's all about research.

I was on the web today looking at different size rim options for mtbs , the 650b rim is in between a 26inch and a 29r and apparently they fit on 26 inch bikes maybe with a fork change, I'm looking at what options I have at upgrading my bike,so it's all about research.

check out http://www.650bpalace.com

will tell you all you need to know.

the Stans guys have wheelsets, no rims in stock.

found a place on the web to buy 650B Rims, Tyres and Tubes (just for spares!)

pm me for link. cool sites have a habit of being restricted to supply once the word gets out on the hub!

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys can i fit 650b rims on my trek, how do i workout if it will clear, and if need be what do i need to change.

your first problem is your fork.... FOX , DT , Manitou R7 work

from what i can see neither do you have eough clearance in your rear triangle. a 650 ads about 2 cm to your current tire outer diameter

from what i can see neither do you have eough clearance in your rear triangle. a 650 ads about 2 cm to your current tire outer diameter

I worked at 12 - 15mm on a set of Stans 650B rims with the same tyres I have now.

I worked at 12 - 15mm on a set of Stans 650B rims with the same tyres I have now.

yes, as the extra clearance needed

yes, as the extra clearance needed

In terms of clearance(for mud) with my Giant XTC frame I could drive a bus through so no issues with the rear wheel, I've also got a 120mm Fox Fork on the front, and again no issues for clearance there.

That bike got awesome suspension design as it stands, but built around a 26" wheel. Surely you will alter that dynamic with a bigger wheel, even if it clears the frame?

Stan's agents TWT will be your best bet for 650B rims / wheels. For compatibility and all things 650B have a look here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/

Amazing what one WC victory can do for something that's been around since forever...

I've been wanting to do this for 3 months, and bought the frame I've got with this in mind. As soon as I've got the money the wheelset will be built. I'm in no hurry.