Cyclingpeaks question

Jason

I just experienced the same problem as Jason - some 10min added into my file from my ride today.

Dr Watt' date=' wot's goin' on!!  Will send you the file.
[/quote']

You JHB boys seem to spend more time standing around chatting than riding your bikes Wink

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just experienced the same problem as Jason - some 10min added into my file from my ride today.

[/quote'] Pantani, can you please mail bruce the program on how to give it horns through traffic lights Wink, it's worked for me! I've actually increased my speed to 50kph through them now and those 10 minutes are a thing of the past Confused...not

[/quote'] Pantani, can you please mail bruce the program on how to give it horns through traffic lights Wink, it's worked for me! I've actually increased my speed to 50kph through them now and those 10 minutes are a thing of the past Confused...not

Hahahahaha....

The only issue I have with mine is that it loses connection far too often for my liking... Ouch

Hahahahaha....

The only issue I have with mine is that it loses connection far too often for my liking... Ouch
...or there's no Power Wink 

Maybe check that everything is correctly set and in the correct position... I had the same problem. Replaced the batteries and re-cable and it's working looovvvely!!! Only problem is that phucking 10 minutes!

Only problem is that phucking 10 minutes!
Borrow another CPU.
Got another CPU from bruce, will test during the weekend. Was hit with a bit of flu the last few days so I've taken 2 days off to recover. Will see what happens... Smile

Just an update... Sent an email off to the PSI

Hi lads,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

OK, here?s the data from my ride on Saturday. I rode with Bruce?s CPU and experienced the same problem (Where the extra 10 minutes gets added here and there).

I first imported the data from the CPU in to Trainingpeaks and noticed that 40 minutes was added in brackets to my actual ride time. The only time I stopped was at the end of my ride, this was basically just to test to see if I was going to get that dreaded 10 minutes added with Bruce?s CPU, stopped for a minute and then pulled away and rode for a minute and noticed the extra 10 minutes was added at the end of my ride when viewing it in Trainingpeaks. Here?s a screen shot, you?ll see my ride time was 4:21 and then in brackets 5:01 with the added time.

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />20080120_114859_Trainingpeaks.JPG

I then imported the data in to the PowerAgent software and everything looked fine. I decided to export the data from the PowerAgent software in to *.csv format and then re-import the *.csv file in to Trainingpeaks. When I exported the data in to *.csv format I went through the data and noticed something rather strange in the time column. Here?s a screen shot, you?ll see the time at 39 minutes all of a sudden starts recording 40 minutes and then jumps back to 39 minutes, weird.

20080120_114940_time.JPG

When trying to import the *.csv file in to Trainingpeaks I got the following error.

20080120_115010_error.JPG

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Jason

Hey Jason

I

then imported the data in to the PowerAgent software and everything

looked fine. I decided to export the data from the PowerAgent software

in to *.csv format and then re-import the *.csv file in to

Trainingpeaks.[/quote']

If I understand this right then you didn't use PA to download the data. If that assumption is right then It looks like the WKO is screwing up on the download but the only way to prove it is download using PA.

If you did download with PA then it's back to the CPU for the problem. What OS onb your PC by the way?

Windbreaker2008-01-20 12:01:09

Hey Jason

If I understand this right then you didn't use PA to download the data. If that assumption is right then It looks like the WKO is screwing up on the download but the only way to prove it is download using PA.

If you did download with PA then it's back to the CPU for the problem. What OS onb your PC by the way?

[/quote'] Howzit Windbreaker,

I first imported the data in to Trainingpeaks, noticed the added time and then imported it in to PA and from the PA exported it in to *.csv format and then tried to re-import it in to Trainingpeaks but got the error about the time being screwed.

I'm running Windows XP and the latest version of Trainingpeaks.

Is the data still on the CPU? If so try downloading it direct with PA first. Then take it into Trainingpeaks. If you get the same problem it must be on the CPU. If you don't then Trainingpeaks is the culprit.

Is the data still on the CPU? If so try downloading it direct with PA first. Then take it into Trainingpeaks. If you get the same problem it must be on the CPU. If you don't then Trainingpeaks is the culprit.

The data is still on... I downloaded the data directly to PA and Trainingpeaks from the CPU.

Guest Michelle

Windbreaker: We downloaded it directly from the unit to Power Agent.  We exported the Power Agent data into a .csv file.  We then attempted to import the Power Agent .csv file into TrainingPeaks but that's where it gave the error. 

The Power Agent data is screwed up too.

If you take a look at the elapsed time in the .csv file it is not in sequence.  (specifically where trainingpeaks adds the extra 10 minutes) 

Very weird!

So yesterday I installed PowerAgent 7 and downloaded the data from the CPU in to PA 7 and the data was 100% Confused I then exported the data from PA 7 to .csv format and imported the data in to WKO+ with no errors and the ride time and time in brackets were the same.

If I do this with PowerAgent  5, download the data from the CPU, export it to .csv and then import it in to WKO+ it gives an error that the time sequence is not correct Confused

So I'm wondering if the PA 7 is correcting the error on the CPU when downloading it... So then is the error coming from the CPU or Hub? Or do you think it's software? WKO+ and PA 5?

Weird... Confused

Jason2008-01-22 01:50:49