Rockshox devs

Capricorn

Ah a Gambling man.. sure you want to put your chips on a losing Horse?

Nah, I've got some Specialized Equipment. It allows me to take the Big Hits like a Mongoose fighting a Voodoo cobra. I'm Nuke Proof like that...

if cpt is buying a Heckler, and cap a MetaAM, I am going to be just a little jealous. Just a little.

if cpt is buying a Heckler, and cap a MetaAM, I am going to be just a little jealous. Just a little.

it wont be close to your size, so dont even think of hijacking mine. but u in the clear wrt cpt.. just saying :P

about Super D: did dirtopia not arrange super D one or twice, and i heard it failed miserably? Do you perhaps know why?

Edited by Capricorn

I have no idea if they did or not, and if they did and it failed, I would have no idea why...

That bearing goes between the spring of the shock and the "nut" / spring preload nut. So it sits on the shock. The idea is that one end of the spring is free to "rotate" under compression thus making the a spring shock that more "smooth". You get the same for boxxer forks aswell, a small needle bearing sitting in the fork leg (leg with spring).

Edited by Pappa Bear

That bearing goes between the spring of the shock and the "nut" / spring preload nut. So it sits on the shock. The idea is that one end of the spring is free to "rotate" under compression thus making the a spring shock that more "smooth". You get the same for boxxer forks aswell, a small needle bearing sitting in the fork leg (leg with spring).

Damm ...... the scale had me going........ would agree it is a spring end bearing....... they might have the same for the shock, that might be what Danny's pinkie is hidding?

ok, no worries. just trying to understand what the shortcomings were. Then, perhaps we could fix it and get Super D off the ground properly.

Damm ...... the scale had me going........ would agree it is a spring end bearing....... they might have the same for the shock, that might be what Danny's pinkie is hidding?

that's what I was thinking... :unsure:

ok, no worries. just trying to understand what the shortcomings were. Then, perhaps we could fix it and get Super D off the ground properly.

yeah for sure. i am convinced there are tons of riders waiting in the wings for a super D series...

I competed in the Super D at Mankele (Mankele Avalanche) neaqr Nelspruit, the terain here (contermanskloof and Tokai) would definitly warrant a Super D........ And there are PLENTY of people with 120-160mm travel bikes - not that one is required but thats what they were designed for.

Combine it with a DH event (split the shuttle cost between the two events etc.) and you would attract more spectaters, same sponsors to both events as well....

Edited by Pappa Bear

yeah for sure. i am convinced there are tons of riders waiting in the wings for a super D series...

Yup. A lot of guys (including me) would like to do more aggressive trail stuff, but don't necessarily want do full on DH racing. Something like this could fill that gap nicely.