Ice ID

Guest Michelle

pickles, the thinkbike dog tags are on those same type of chains... and according to those peeps who have "tested" these at (track and dumbass) speed they work fine. mine survived a much slower but more cycling related 2m dive to the edge of the river below and they were still hanging around my neck (and my zip was downa  bit cos i was dying of heat trying to keep up with michh so they were hanging out... )

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received mine in September and have been cycling with the wrist strap ever since.  But, I concur with Holy Roller, get Sweatsafe as well.  Excellent accident insurance.  Used it in 2006 and it repaid all medical expenses on the tab on the day of the accident.  

But I must also say the wrist strap is kinda small for me as well.  My yellow strap is about 27 cm long and would be more comfortable if it was a bout 30 cm long. 

Regards,

Kinnie

Great advice. The large size is 27cm, the medium size is 23cm. But there is an extra large that is 30cm if you have big wrists., It only comes in black, but it is available!

Hey ICED I like pickles have the same problem I also ordered a medium. it fits, but a  bit tight and then most of the Velcro still shows.  you have to fold the strap after the hard Velcro, other wise its even more uncomfortable. Mostly I wear the dog tag.

I also put the ER24sweatsafe info on my ICE id incase i forget to put the strap on

I know, 95% of all men should be ordering the large size. I will look at how I can make this suggestion on the site. The medium is really for a slimmer wrist. Thanks for the comment. I'll look into it. great idea about the ER24 number.

yael

which type of these do you think is better - the dog tag or ankle one?

I'm not sure if medics or anyone else will check for dog tags but at least the ankle strap will be easily seen.

Got mine last year, very nifty Thumbs%20Up Just wish the lettering was slightly larger but I can understand that you are limited with space.

I'm not sure if medics or anyone else will check for dog tags but at least the ankle strap will be easily seen.
dude, if you're a male and you get the ankle one it will be so g@y... Almost like a chic wearing thos bracelets round their ankles. I have the dog tag one and it's pretty sweet.

dude' date=' if you're a male and you get the ankle one it will be so g@y... Almost like a chic wearing thos bracelets round their ankles. I have the dog tag one and it's pretty sweet.[/quote']

Thanks Jason. As Pantani already has the title of King of Bling, we'll have to give you another title.

Dog tag it is.

My two cents -  there is an ankle ICE available. Came about for those that really didnt want to wear something on their wrist or wear dog tags. I would however recommend that the wrist ICE and dog tag are better for cyclists. Definitely a lot easier for paramedics and others to see. I am told that paramedics are trained to check for ID when they come upon an accident, but better to make it easy for them!

Came to my attention today - that some ICE ID customers are placing their wrist ICE around their bike stems. Doesn't seem the best idea, always a good chance you can be separated from your bike in an accident and paramedics will definitely not be looking on your bike for ICE info.

yael

dude, if you're a male and you get the ankle one it will be so g@y... Almost like a chic wearing thos bracelets round their ankles. I have the dog tag one and it's pretty sweet.

Jason, I have to ask! This is the 2nd post of yours I've read this evening which contains a not-so-subtle gay reference. Are you a gay-basher or a closet queen? Get over the gay 'thing" already!

Jason' date=' I have to ask! This is the 2nd post of yours I've read this evening which contains a not-so-subtle gay reference. Are you a gay-basher or a closet queen? Get over the gay 'thing" already!
[/quote']Relax... I see the Western Cape people are a little sensitive...tonight.

Ja Jason' date=' time to come out the closet now.

[/quote'] LOL OK oom... but promise me when I look behind me you'll be right there?WinkTongue um wearing your ICE ID. Afterall the thread is about ICE ID's.

Hey I was behind you all the way through Pretoria wasn't I?

Does the ICE ID specify gender orientation?