What is important about geometries in a 29er Frame

Christoph

Hi guys

I'm planning on getting a 29er, and i'm specifically concerned about the geometry of the frame. Which bike make + model has the 'best' geometry, being fast, best handling (comfort is not the biggest concern).

I'm looking at a 29er stumpjumper Specialized. What are thoughts on other bikes like Scott and merida.

It really depends on what sort of bike you looking for...

PM me, if you want more details on how the angles work, and relate to real feel.

Christoph

Also consider the Niner brand.

They make ONLY 29" bikes, and have been doing so since 2003.

So my take is, they have got it down to a T.

Most other companies based their design on their current 26" bikes, and there came the downfall RE geometry.

By now, most of the "bigger" names have got it sorted.

I ride a Niner RIP9 (AM 120mm travel bike), and LOVE it!!!

Happy shopping

It really depends on what sort of bike you looking for...

PM me, if you want more details on how the angles work, and relate to real feel.

Why not share here so we can all learn? :)

Go Have a fitting done at the Sport science institute, It'll cost you 500 bucks and they will tell you all the dimensions you need to look for.

Yup, thats the way to do it. Especially for short riders you will find that some brands simply do not make a bike that is the correct size for you, e.g. I liked the look of the scalpel, but their sizing is wrong for me ... but there are plenty of brands and bikes, you will find one that fits.

Yup, thats the way to do it. Especially for short riders you will find that some brands simply do not make a bike that is the correct size for you, e.g. I liked the look of the scalpel, but their sizing is wrong for me ... but there are plenty of brands and bikes, you will find one that fits.

Like +1

It not an excact science but what i did was find a bike that was as close as possible to my 26" , you will never get one thats the same but close is good, and that where i started , ended up with a Cannondale 29 flash .