Your latest upgrade?!?!?!

Cruz Addict

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my latest upgrade,

Fox Talas R 36: 160mm travel with 20mm trough axle.

Awesome man, I got the VAN 36 RC2 and it is night and day from my last fork!

Have you still got the Merida? If you put that on the 120, let us know when Orange County Choppers do a piece on you..

Edited by Pain or Shine

Also a new (old) bike - first MTb, actually. A GT Avalance 2. Feels lighter than expected, compared to my steel road bikes. Got it Tuesday and still haven't had a chance to ride. Roll on tomorrow. (Incidentally, are Rocket Rons tubeless or not - or does it depend on the rim?)

Also a new (old) bike - first MTb, actually. A GT Avalance 2. Feels lighter than expected, compared to my steel road bikes. Got it Tuesday and still haven't had a chance to ride. Roll on tomorrow. (Incidentally, are Rocket Rons tubeless or not - or does it depend on the rim?)

Some are tubeless, some tubeless ready. Check on the sidewall. The tubeless ready tyres require a Stans kit

Some are tubeless, some tubeless ready. Check on the sidewall. The tubeless ready tyres require a Stans kit

Mooi! Thanks El Dodgius.

my latest upgrade,

Fox Talas R 36: 160mm travel with 20mm trough axle.

Very nice! I run one of those on my plastic Cannondale. Very nice fork! pretty light too considering its beefyness.

Quick question though... where are the little QR type clamps that hold the 20mm TA in?

how ,much that set u back. which model is it?

It was a bit of an impulse buy, so I'm not sure if I got the best deal or not.

but I paid R2300 from World of Accessories. It's the DBX Ride. The DBX range are the bicycle specific ones.

The Ride is the entry level version. and comes with 4 different clip sizes for adjustability. It also has the wedge for the thorasic plate to change its angle. It just doesn't have the level height adjustability... oh, and it's a few grams heavier than the Comp 3 (approx R3500... and over R6000 for the Pro).

But seeing as how I mostly ride trails and dirt jump... this should do me fine.

On CRC it goes for just over R2300 before VAT, duty (probably 25% because it's protective gear) and shipping. So R2300 off the shelf wasn't terrible.

Awesome man, I got the VAN 36 RC2 and it is night and day from my last fork!

Have you still got the Merida? If you put that on the 120, let us know when Orange County Choppers do a piece on you..

LOL no sold the Merida, now riding a scott ransom 30, the polished chrome verson. my new wife, as my current wife keeps referring to it as :devil:

On CRC it goes for just over R2300 before VAT, duty (probably 25% because it's protective gear) and shipping. So R2300 off the shelf wasn't terrible.

Leatt is a South African company (Cape Town)... :clap: finally one for us!

The down side is that the prices here are still too high when taking that into account. :thumbdown:

Very nice! I run one of those on my plastic Cannondale. Very nice fork! pretty light too considering its beefyness.

Quick question though... where are the little QR type clamps that hold the 20mm TA in?

It was a bit of an impulse buy, so I'm not sure if I got the best deal or not.

but I paid R2300 from World of Accessories. It's the DBX Ride. The DBX range are the bicycle specific ones.

The Ride is the entry level version. and comes with 4 different clip sizes for adjustability. It also has the wedge for the thorasic plate to change its angle. It just doesn't have the level height adjustability... oh, and it's a few grams heavier than the Comp 3 (approx R3500... and over R6000 for the Pro).

But seeing as how I mostly ride trails and dirt jump... this should do me fine.

cool

what helmet you combining with.

sorry just saw the question now, had them in the toolbox when i took the photo, its not a "new fork" as such bought it from a mate so took the whole fork apart to do a full service and rebuild before fitting to the bike. changed seals, oil, etc so basically running like new again.

Leatt is a South African company (Cape Town)... :clap: finally one for us!

The down side is that the prices here are still too high when taking that into account. :thumbdown:

yeah... damn globalization of prices! When I was looking at getting a Morewood Makulu it was 10k cheaper to buy it in the US (including shipping). Crazy huh!

cool

what helmet you combining with.

It'll be combined with a 661 Evo. But maybe if the new Airoh DH lid comes in at a reasonable price I'll get that as an upgrade

An updated set of shoes for the roadbike

post-24920-0-06866600-1336738340.jpg

and a new toy for winter cross training when the sun is up , but the traffic is out :)

post-24920-0-23261400-1336738386.jpg

yeah... damn globalization of prices! When I was looking at getting a Morewood Makulu it was 10k cheaper to buy it in the US (including shipping). Crazy huh!

It'll be combined with a 661 Evo. But maybe if the new Airoh DH lid comes in at a reasonable price I'll get that as an upgrade

awesome was reading up on the whole leatt story, big debates but apparently the 661 hemets work well with them

Here's mine...

Saddle form my SS 29er Momsen, READY for SSWC2012!!!

Garmin for both my bikes, to get READY for SSWC2012 of course...

post-19310-0-76511600-1336738956.jpg

post-19310-0-38266400-1336738957.jpg

For me, that brought a LOT of comfort! B)

Its great not to have your honeymoon veggies go numb after 30 mins