my sani2c training route

KiNgL

• 2 weeks later...

Was the GoPro mounted on your bars? Normaly see them on the helmet. Could you include a pic of the camera if its on the bars?

I forgot how flat that part of Gauteng is, magic weather...

Edited by SwissVan

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for new training ground.. How far is this ride and estimated climbing? Garmin file would be awesome!

Any other routes are most welcome in Gauteng. Been riding vanGaalens to Breedts...

how far is it to breedts - how much climbing is involved - I normally ride from the garage near hekpoort over and back that gives me 60km with almost 1000m of climbing?

@KingL, please tell me you got the garmin files for that route...I am in v-town often, since my parents-in-law live there and would love to ride some routes?

@mtbDobby...VG to breedts(to the shop ) is about 105km with 1100-1200m of climbing

I recognise 90% of that route :) - having no 'big' hills beside klapping SBR even on an MTB the south is not a bad place for riding!

As rouxtjie mentioned 105Kms and 1100+ meters of climbing. Looking for variety if anyone can suggest anything.. even point to point..

man I love living in Cape Town. Went to Tokai for a Mast-Silvermine-Mast ride yesterday for my Sani2C training. See a video I made in September if you want to drool a little over real singletrack and mountainbiking terrain.

Loved the fast-forward effect on the gopro snapshots you've done though. I'll try it sometime as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjCdW1fsbT8&list=UUuoigVzE9824XN1ZvjlWPvg&index=3&feature=plcp

Heres my std Sani2C run up at Tokai - Single track climbing up Fairy Garden, then Vasbyt then a skip over to Boomslang and Mamba - all sections are climbable with the odd detour - from there drop down a section to traverse along Boulders and then catch level 5/6 jeep track to Silvermine gate and from there up to the loop around the top of Noordhoek peak - take in the view of Hout bay and Dungeons and then bomb down all the way to level 5 again before a nice little climb up to the Constantiaberg Mast - on the descent Boomslang/Mamba/Vasbyt and the kiff little section of steep switchy My Roots completes a ride that comes pretty close to a half day on the S2C - ( http://irideafrica.com/trail-maps/) - I recon a big mistake a lot of guys make is not to climb on the steep singletrack and rather opt for long boring ass-numbing outrides - climb as much of the really narly stuff as you can in your training, its a way better workout - builds VO2 max like a majic bullet

man I love living in Cape Town. Went to Tokai for a Mast-Silvermine-Mast ride yesterday for my Sani2C training. See a video I made in September if you want to drool a little over real singletrack and mountainbiking terrain.

Loved the fast-forward effect on the gopro snapshots you've done though. I'll try it sometime as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjCdW1fsbT8&list=UUuoigVzE9824XN1ZvjlWPvg&index=3&feature=plcp

Nice video!!! Why didn't you take the ramp @ 2:03???

- I recon a big mistake a lot of guys make is not to climb on the steep singletrack and rather opt for long boring ass-numbing outrides - climb as much of the really narly stuff as you can in your training, its a way better workout - builds VO2 max like a majic bullet

I have the opposite problem. I've done too much singletrack climbing (Tygerberg trails) Struggle on the flats and the jeep track climbs.