Muslims riding Sani 2 Sea 2012

Bin Laden

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I think maybe you are looking at it from the wrong angle Eldron, following a special diet or ensuring food is of a certain order is not done to please your God, its to reaffirm your connection with your God, and to remind you that you are constantly connected to your God by (for eg) the blessing of your food, or not eating certain foods and so on, its a bit like prayer, prayer doesn't change your God, it changes the person who prays.

That I can understand but surely there need to be some practical limitations? When it becomes impratical or difficult or impacts negatively on other people's lives then surely you can compromise? Making other people's live difficult becuase YOU want to reaffirm YOUR connection with God counts as selfish in my book.

I'd suggest moving it to the training and nutrition area, and performing deletes on all political/racial posts, no matter how tongue in cheek they might be.

Or at the very least move all the ones debating the merits of religious choices to the other religion thread.

Plain and simple, why ask the ridicule which is The Hub, just mail the organizers.

The content of the enquiry of the OP is indeed legitimate and interesting to people who need Halaal (and kosher) food. Unfortunately, his chosen hub name makes it difficult to take his post seriously. Why anyone would choose to use the name of a mass murderer as his hub name is beyond me. Bin Laden is not only responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, but also for inducing the intense anti-Islam backlash.

My objection to the thread is thus not the content of the opening post per se (or even some of the stupid responses), but rather the fact that the OP chooses to associate his "religious enquiry" with Osama Bin Laden. In so doing, he does a supreme injustice to Moslem people generally. I find it offensive.

That I can understand but surely there need to be some practical limitations? When it becomes impratical or difficult or impacts negatively on other people's lives then surely you can compromise? Making other people's live difficult becuase YOU want to reaffirm YOUR connection with God counts as selfish in my book.

I hear you, but I guess we could say the same about vegans or those who dont eat dairy or gluten products, for them its important, I think organizers of events today understand the diversities they need to deal with, I would be surprised if they didnt cater for these needs.

The content of the enquiry of the OP is indeed legitimate and interesting to people who need Halaal (and kosher) food. Unfortunately, his chosen hub name makes it difficult to take his post seriously. Why anyone would choose to use the name of a mass murderer as his hub name is beyond me. Bin Laden is not only responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, but also for inducing the intense anti-Islam backlash.

My objection to the thread is thus not the content of the opening post per se (or even some of the stupid responses), but rather the fact that the OP chooses to associate his "religious enquiry" with Osama Bin Laden. In so doing, he does a supreme injustice to Moslem people generally. I find it offensive.

I can go with that.

Nice post.

I can go with that.

Nice post.

Yes, I can go with that, but Ox man still has a point in that admin thread.

Which one is ox man? I just scrolled that thread, and I dunno who I'm looking for...

This made me think, how come there have been no updates on all Religious books? Don't want to start a whole religiouis debate, just wondering

There has been and requirements do change, as an eg. many years ago Catholics could not eat meat on Friday, later the Pope changed that ruling and now they can, some still choose not to, but that's fine, you must remember most mainstream religions are very old, but things do change, just very slowly.

I figured agteros, but I can't keep up with all the name changes.

I haven't changed........mostly because I dont know how. :rolleyes:

There has been and requirements do change, as an eg. many years ago Catholics could not eat meat on Friday, later the Pope changed that ruling and now they can, some still choose not to, but that's fine, you must remember most mainstream religions are very old, but things do change, just very slowly.

Ugggh.

If I was Catholic I would have hunted the originator down .

How can I go without Burger Friday.

As for religion.

Watched the first in the new series of Dexter, now that was interesting.

He knew absolutely nothing about any religion.

Ugggh.

If I was Catholic I would have hunted the originator down .

How can I go without Burger Friday.

:D -Indeed, I must say I usually have Pizza Friday, but a good burger sounds fine tonight.