World Cup 2012: Rd 1, Pietermaritzburg

Capricorn

Spent the afternoon at the new extended table tops. It was great to run into a couple of Hubbers from Cape Town :thumbup: , the hub flags are flying high here in PMB.

Good to meet you guys! Some HUGE air off those table tops yesterday... can only imagine what we'll see on Sunday.

Look out for us today in Stu's "Stander Thunder" tshirts in support of Burry!

gallery_2_1008_5626.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnaar and Hannah wins!

almost thought gwin was gonna take it again, but man, what a fantastic effort from Mr Min over the bottom section. I guess he meant it when, after the last race last year, he said: " more barbells, less bar bills". The man totally deserved the win.

Was hoping for a hannah-hannah dream season opener, btu still, PHENOMENAL return to the top run for Tracey, and a very very welcome to Mick's near-best levels. He has a month to brush up a bit, but the times are so tight, it suggests the podium is pretty much on equal terms. This is gonna be a fantastic season.

I think PMB is the Litmus for this season's levels of fitness: if you can hack it at PMB, your race year is looking good.

What a cracker.

I was sitting enjoying the riding, right up until the 4 min times started coming in. From then I was on the edge of my seat, stressed about the pressure on Greg and if he could do it....

Silly me - he pulled it out of the bag, it was brilliant!

Cool report here:

http://www.mtbworldcupsa.co.za/news1233.html

All in the eyes...

post-6789-0-97776500-1331968981.jpg

The missus got to talk Ozzie with Tracy & her brother, she got some pics with both of them. Tracy is an awesome girl, and spent ages chatting to the missus. :thumbup:

The missus got to talk Ozzie with Tracy & her brother, she got some pics with both of them. Tracy is an awesome girl, and spent ages chatting to the missus. :thumbup:

You didn't happen to get her phone number by any chance? ;)

Edited by robinh

PUT UP OR SHUTUP!!!!! hotdamnboy, where's them PITCHERS!!

btw: what accent does Tracey have? Sounds scandinavian at most times...

+1

She is quite a belter ;)

She sounds like an Ozzie although its not a very strong accent, my wifes accent has become diluted a bit having lived abroad. You want pics of Tracy, OK then.

post-13006-0-13788300-1332179867.jpg

post-13006-0-90751100-1332179920.jpg

post-13006-0-27914200-1332180010.jpg

post-13006-0-76213500-1332180139.jpg

Edited by Caerus