missing aircraft

steve

If anyone is riding in the mountains down near George please be on the lookout for a aircraft that went missing on Boxing Day while on the way from PTA to George.

Search area is between Willowmore and Oudshoorn. If any hint of something is scene please contact the relevant authoritiy ASAP. 

It puzzles me how they can loose planes.

Surely there must be a log kept aviation people of where plane last were seen and then plot it down and search block by block and eliminate it if nothing is there. I think there is double work going on...

Hope the find it and pilot is alive to tell the story - like that SA guy who fell in Botswana and survided like days in the wild

702 have lead the 6.30 news bulletin with a report that 100 small planes have crashed in the last 6 months.

it would seem that SA aviation is in a bit of trouble. what with engines falling off. pilots crashing planes on the runway. planes going missing.aircraft been grounded - it's a nationwide problem.Big%20smile 

what next?

cookie, maybe so, but they are blaming this spate of "accidents" on the huge increase in the number of private aviators, and them not sticking to safety regulations. 

it would seem that SA aviation is in a bit of trouble. what with engines falling off. pilots crashing planes on the runway. planes going missing.aircraft been grounded - it's a nationwide problem.Big%20smile 

what next?

I hear SAA are losing pilots toooooLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

hey' date=' cookie, don't say things like that ? i'm flying soon! [/quote']

Ok share with us where you are flying too?Wink

ja like that song:  "..... now i'm flying without wings..."LOL

Ok share with us where you are flying too?Wink

let's just say the visdorpie's not gone be the same againWinkLOL

steve, the found the aircraft, was in the paper 2 days ago.

I think there were 4 people in it and the Swartberg Pass was closed for traffic.

The engine broke of and landed in the road and the plane a bit higher up on a hillpopeye2008-01-04 00:15:20

or is this the new incident you talking about:

OOS-KAAP: Soektog na vlie?nier tydelik afgelas

YOLAND? HAYWARDEN TISHA STEYN

03/01/2008 10:25:14 PM - (SA)

BAVIAANSKLOOF. ? Die geluid van reddingshelikopters oor die omgewing hier was gister stil.

Die Suid-Afrikaanse Soek-en-reddingsorganisasie het die soektog na die vermiste vlie?nier van Pretoria, mnr. Dirk Booysen (53), vir eers afgelas.

Booysen, van Andeon in Pretoria-Wes, wat met sy Cess?na-vliegtuig na George in die Suid-Kaap onderweg was, het verlede Woensdag spoorloos in die Baviaanskloof-omgewing verdwyn.

Hy het omstreeks 09:00 vanaf die Wonderboom-lughawe noord van Pretoria opgestyg.

Booysen het omstreeks 10:45 die laaste keer met sy vrou, Charlene (49), gekommunikeer toe hy vir haar ?n SMS gestuur het.

Volgens sy seun, mnr. Fanie Booysen (27), het geen helikopters gister opgestyg om na sy pa te soek nie.

?Hulle sal eers weer begin soek wanneer daar nuwe inligting aan hulle deurgegee word.?

Mnr. Charles Norval, hoof van die Suid-Afrikaanse Soek-en-reddingsorganisasie, het bevestig dat die soektog hervat sal word sodra nuwe inligting beskikbaar word.

Volgens Norval is alle beskikbare leidrade wat reeds ontvang is, opgevolg en is hy tevrede dat die soektog tot dusver baie deeglik gedoen is.

Die soekgebied is bepaal met inligting wat verkry is van die vlugroete wat Booysen volgens Wonderboom se beheersentrum deurgegee het en die laaste kontak wat hy gehad het, naamlik by die Gariepdam.

Verder is gebruik gemaak van lugverkeerbeheer se radarstelsels soos die een by Blesberg naby Geor?ge en by Port Elizabeth.

Selfoonkontak wat Booysen gemaak het en inligting wat op die grond deur gesprekke met boere, plaaswerkers en ander mense verkry is, is ook gebruik om die soekgebied af te baken.

?Kapt. John Fobian van die polisie in Port Elizabeth het vyf dae lank leidrade by boere en plaaswerkers op die grond bymekaargemaak. Ons is hom baie dank verskuldig,? het Norval ges?.

Sowat 13 lede van Booysen se familie en vriende, wat sy een seun en dogter insluit, is egter steeds besig om die omgewing te fynkam.

Die gebied wat gefynkam word, is sowat 200 km?.

Booysen jr. het ges? baie vrywilligers het opgedaag en aangebied het om na sy pa te help soek.

Die Booysen-gesin het nog nie moed opgegee nie.

?Ons glo in wonderwerke.?

20080104_002038_plain.JPGpopeye2008-01-04 00:20:41

steve' date=' the found the aircraft, was in the paper 2 days ago.

I think there were 4 people in it and the Swartberg Pass was closed for traffic.

The engine broke of and landed in the road and the plane a bit higher up on a hill[/quote']

No unfortunately there is still one light aircraft missing, also a Cessna with just the pilot onboard, aircraft departed Wonderboom on the morning December 26 bound for the <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Southern Cape. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2246000,00.html

Missing aircraft especially small ones can be extremely difficult to find as they don?t usually have ELT?s (emergency locator transmitter) and are not tracked by radar between the major centers or airports. Unless the pilot reported his position at the time of ?the incident? (and this transmission is heard by someone) the search and rescue will have to estimate where they think he could be based on his last position report and flight plan.