3. 4000mg CLA/day

4. Chromium

5. ALA

6. Taurine

7. L carnitine

8. Glutamine

9. BCAA

10. 3 x whey protein/day

I have my 6 meals per day. I don't have energy fluctuations, sleep like a baby and look forward to every training session. Guess it works

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Berocca makes it glow.

Hmmmm, haven’t worked out the cost yet…some stuff last longer than a month like my evox whey, primrose oil, multi vit…

Slow mag so pricey and not even a month supply!!!!

Slow Mag is a waste of time unless its prescribed by a Dr for a valid medical reason i.e. defciency

It does work well as a laxitive if you over do it tho....

I just use espresso for that.

Slow Mag is a waste of time unless its prescribed by a Dr for a valid medical reason i.e. defciency

True. I've been tempted to have a calcium, magnesium and phosphate blood test done. Only reason why i started taking mag is because of the cramps i get in my calves.

I just use espresso for that.

So there's a reason then, i thaugwt you spewed verbal diarrhoea naturally?

:whistling:

i thaugwt you spewed verbal diarrhoea naturally?

:whistling:

I do. The supplements just enhance my natural ability.

I am a total supplement slut. My list goes like this

1. 2 x multi vit/day

2. 4000mg omega 3/day

3. 4000mg CLA/day

4. Chromium

5. ALA

6. Taurine

7. L carnitine

8. Glutamine

9. BCAA

10. 3 x whey protein/day

I have my 6 meals per day. I don't have energy fluctuations, sleep like a baby and look forward to every training session. Guess it works

:eek:

Maybe i shoulod follow your stack. I barely sleep at night time..i can fall asleep but staying asleep is a whole other story...at least when i have to get up at 430am it's not hard cause ten to one ive been awake since 2ish am.

:eek:

Maybe i shoulod follow your stack. I barely sleep at night time..i can fall asleep but staying asleep is a whole other story...at least when i have to get up at 430am it's not hard cause ten to one ive been awake since 2ish am.

Maybe you are overtrained? Think we have a simular training schedule since i do weight training frequently as well as ride my bike. Whenever i struggle with my sleeping patterns i take it easy for a week or 2. Mine normally goes hand in hand with nightsweats. Apart from the coffee i try not to take supplements containing stimulants. Toss your eca and you will sleep again ;)

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Post ride I just a have a whey protein mixed with a Steri stumpie and then slip on compression socks after a shower. I have a Cal C Vita in the morning that works well as an anti-oxidant for cramping. I have been wanting to try USN's ZMA as it helps with regulating sleep patterns and muscle relaxation. Its a Zinc and Magnesium supplement. Anybody try this before and results?

I doubt i'm overtrained and not taking anything that should keep me awake...i normally crash when i go to bed but then land up waking up 3 hours later and ready for a new day.

Maybe it's because i train late...sometime i only walking out of gym at 730ish pm.

But i think it's stress.

hmmm, maybe i should give USN's ZMA a go...

Edited by Bronabee

I doubt i'm overtrained and not taking anything that should keep me awake...i normally crash when i go to bed but then land up waking up 3 hours later and ready for a new day.

Maybe it's because i train late...sometime i only walking out of gym at 730ish pm.

But i think it's stress.

hmmm, maybe i should give USN's ZMA a go...

LOL a supplement to help you sleep should not be necessary if you train hard enough every day (no offence meant).

Do you sleep during the day? :eek: That can be a real killer for decent sleep later

Stress as well i.e. you start thinking about something that’s worrying you and hey presto wide awake. Try keep your eyes closed and mind closed :ph34r: …don’t think or look at anything.

I have tried ZMA before. Cannot say that it made a impression. Also do not know if it is recommended for females. You can also try GABA. It helps regulate your sleeping patterns and stimulates the release of growth hormone. This i do feel made a difference but i did not like the feeling it gave me 15min after you take it. Weird......

ya, there are days i crash before 9pm. Leg, back and swimming kills me but even then, i'll pass out before 9pm but then i wake up and its not even 12pm.

I think mine has a lot to do with stress. Night before a sport event i don't sleep a wink. Even an event that's not stressful like Midmar Mile. At the moment i'm going through a bad patch with my sleeping patterns...i think Tour Durban giving me stress at the moment... but it does catch up to me...

ya, there are days i crash before 9pm. Leg, back and swimming kills me but even then, i'll pass out before 9pm but then i wake up and its not even 12pm.

I think mine has a lot to do with stress. Night before a sport event i don't sleep a wink. Even an event that's not stressful like Midmar Mile. At the moment i'm going through a bad patch with my sleeping patterns...i think Tour Durban giving me stress at the moment... but it does catch up to me...

You're young no need to be stressing so much.

1 x Omega 3

1 x Centrum

1 x Calcium every second day

1 x iron every second day (will have 1 a day for the week leading up to a race)