What’s your supplement stack?

Obsessed with pills or working out?

I take daily vitamins but only just recently started because I was suffering with my calves.

For gym/training just whey and glutamine.

I don’t gym with energy juice, I use water. I keep those sachets for when I cycle.

As for weight training, yes I train 6 days a week when It comes to weights but every day I work a different body part.

I know what I’m aiming for and besides I enjoy working out. :)

Obsessed with training.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been there ;),

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven’t had a bad cramp in a while… I had that one take for about an hour after gym and I recall waking up in the middle of the night with an attack – both legs.

So I started taking multi vit, mags etc seems to be ok, just now and again I feel the odd twitch, but I will get it checked out if it gets worse again. So far seems all ok… touch wood.

My heart?

Thanks.

Ha ha, that brings back interesting memories when I was pregnant. Would wake up with cramps in my calves so I'd stretch my legs only to get cramps in my quads...hence jump out of bed trying not to wake anyone by screaming.

How 'hard' must you be training to need 'something' to help? #wondermaarnet

Very, VERY, VERY hard!!!

Waiting at the bio I read some published research in a medical journal where they tested nutritional intake of triathletes in the Western Cape...

Small sample (18, 9 male, 9 female if memory serves me correct)

The guys were training roughly as follows per week, ladies marginally less:

• 3 hours swimming
  • 6 hours cycling
  • 4 hours running
  • 1 hour gym

They had to provide a log of what the eat (excluding supplements), and this was given to a dietician to analyse.

The verdict was that they obtained enough nutrients, minerals, etc from their normal diet, although some where taking supplements.

So.... stop the bottled / powered junk and eat real food. Rather try and eat the correct food at the correct time than to 'supplement' with potions, powders and lotions before and after exercise!

Real food (non-refined) is healthier, tastier and cheaper than any humanly modified junk!

How 'hard' must you be training to need 'something' to help? #wondermaarnet

High-intensity training and high-volume training = hard.

Racing = hard.

Right now is ee-zee time until August when my training load and intensity goes from low-medium to hard.

Ha ha, that brings back interesting memories when I was pregnant. Would wake up with cramps in my calves so I'd stretch my legs only to get cramps in my quads...hence jump out of bed trying not to wake anyone by screaming.

Hahaha, well right now I don’t have my own family to get home to and I’m single…so gym keeps me busy after work. All the regulars go just as often as I do, so they my own lil family.

:S cramps in the calves are painful!!! I used to get cramps in my toes during my school swimming days but they weren’t nearly as painful as calves.

Hahaha, well right now I don’t have my own family to get home to and I’m single…so gym keeps me busy after work. All the regulars go just as often as I do, so they my own lil family. :S cramps in the calves are painful!!! I used to get cramps in my toes during my school swimming days but they weren’t nearly as painful as calves.

Swimming can cause foot/calf cramps due to the calf being kept tight all the time.

With all the gym work, are you doing any calf raises too? Because cramps could be a strength issue too, not always nutrient deficiencies...

And how strong are the hamstrings?

Swimming can cause foot/calf cramps due to the calf being kept tight all the time.

With all the gym work, are you doing any calf raises too? Because cramps could be a strength issue too, not always nutrient deficiencies...

And how strong are the hamstrings?

Yep, I do standing calf raises. I think its 92kgs…90 something… I do one or two other machines for the calves but standing one my favourite.

Hmmmm, I think there’s definitely room for improvement with my hamstrings…so will focus on hammies…

@Bronabee - maybe you pregnant ?? @HEman - chocolate is natural, isn't it ?

You can dig it out of the ground, or pluck it of a tree?

You can dig it out of the ground, or pluck it of a tree?

Yes, can pluck it off a shelf tree :whistling: :whistling:

Yep, I do standing calf raises. I think its 92kgs…90 something… I do one or two other machines for the calves but standing one my favourite. Hmmmm, I think there’s definitely room for improvement with my hamstrings…so will focus on hammies…

Doing calf raises in sets with toes pointing in/out/straight ahead? or just iwith feet comfy?

Also, do one leg at a time. Obviously one leg at a time ;)

Bio kills me as follows:

1x10 calf raises (left & right seperately) toes forward

1x10 calf raises (left & right seperately) toes out

1x10 calf raises (left & right seperately) toes in

1x12 hamstring curls (left & right seperately)

Above is one set, do 3x :wacko:

EDIT: Do not do 'favourites', because that implies they are easier. Concentrate on the least fav option. It works your muscles harder

Edited by HEman

Doing calf raises in sets with toes pointing in/out/straight ahead? or just iwith feet comfy?

Bio kills me as follows:

EDIT: Do not do 'favourites', because that implies they are easier. Concentrate on the least fav option. It works your muscles harder

I mix my toes up a bit…I have big legs (have my dad’s legs in thickness but luckily they not short like his thanks to my ma) so I am a lil scared about building them up too much.

Hahaha, only cause the other two machines feel awkward – bum in the air and the sitting one I just can’t seem to sit right on it. Something just feels wrong when I do the sitting one. Sorry, I don’t know the names of the machines. Will get the names tonight.

Hmmmm, I have arms tonight but think I’ll throw in calves as well if I have enough time. Your routine looks like fun.

You’ve opened a can of worms…I may be messaging you sometime soon for a few more routines. I’m getting a lil bored with mine but will change it in May.

Bio kills me as follows:

I'm so glad you've decided to pump some iron !!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

@Broanbee - I think the machines/excises you talking about are Donkey Calf Raises (bum up in the air) and Seated Calf Raises..