SPRING CLASSICS 2012

'Dale

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went a bit too early to match Sagan but he was thinkin surely Freire would get it if he left him.

Sagan looks broken and dissapointed

Yeah

:wacko:

He just, just mistimed his power sprint to the line.

A few secs too early.

My nod for "best racer" goes to Freire who broke away from about 10kms to go and claimed 4th place.

What a brave move.

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2012/04/15/2/bettiniphoto_0107065_1_full_600.jpg

I read that Cadel is suffering from sinus infection and is skipping these two races.

Bit off the latest posts on the thread but I saw this and couldn't resist. Should probably go under the 'Spring Classics' posts as a tribute to the great races.

"The hardmen of Belgium, from the region of Flanders in particular, slogging it out for hours on end in the harsh northern climes, eating mouthfuls of mud mixed with animal waste from the ancient farm ‘roads’, surfaces which were never intended for fragile bicycle wheels to traverse, but rather wooden cart wheels to be dragged along by cloven hooves."

http://www.velominati.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tchmil1.jpg

I read that Cadel is suffering from sinus infection and is skipping these two races.

No more races for the BMC Grand Tour winner until the Tour of Romandie where he, I think, is the current champ.