24-Hour Southern Skies

MariusC

Dont fall off your bike if you hear hooves in the middle of the night.

The horses like to run up next to you.

I nearly had a heart attack the first time it happened to me.

Really an awesome event.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so are all you guys gonna be there this year?

Unfortunately not making it this year :cursing: ...... You will have fun, ENJOY !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any info on the route from hubbers that have ridden it before? Is it hilly/flat/tight/twisty, lots of singletrack etc?

If it's the same as two years ago there are no hills. Some nice single track, bit of jeep track, nice forest sections and the damn metal bridge into the start finish area.. Prepare yourself for quick laps, unless there's mud around the damn, which turns into a quagmire at night..

cool so laps should take +-15-25min. I know its gonna be cold just hope its not tooooo cold :unsure:

There was always power and plug points so you could cook and charge lights, under the car ports where most people camped, but rather check with the organisers.

so what did you guys think? I enjoyed it, saddle sores though, but was good.

one gripe though: there were a couple of young ones who obviously forgot their MTB manners at home with mommy....

Don't tell me to "give" you track, don't tell me to keep left, don't sit on my ass and swear loud because I'm keeping you up.

Tell me what YOU will be doing to suite YOU

"passing on YOUR right" <- Yes.

"stay left!!! stay left!!! " <- WHY? tell me you are passing, then I'll stay left.

Don't swerve in front of me when passing and almost hit my bars.

I addressed the issue with a specific individual on the trail he and he acted surprised - what? who ? me? neverr....

I will kick you off your bike if you take the pleasure out of the race for me.

I will take a swipe at your handlebars if I feel you are endangering my safety on the course/downhill/trees etc..

This was mostly with youngsters, riding in school gear (wont mention name) but you were arrogant little snotfaces, and I had a desire to expose you at the price giving, for being poor sportsmen, and endangering other riders.

There was a poor woman in front of me on the downhill, that went slower to what I am used to, but kept behind her as there was no safe passing ground, but no sir, YOU can push people off the track.

This might seem like a huge rant, but I think everyone who forgot the rules should consider if he/she had a safe ride today, or did they just think of themselves....

**breathe again**

Please PM me the particulars of the offenders.

Would like to take it up with them when I visit them shortly.

Good manners cost nothing, and go a long way.

As my dad used to say: "Manners maketh the man."

Edited by pezulu

They in NW, so don't stress about taking it up with them, myself and other Solo riders made sure they knew...

I don't to sound like a complaining girl, but if you risk injuring someone else, I will complain.

Especially if you win the race BY pushing and harassing other riders.